Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinguicula weser? or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this ping last November, it's never flowered, and being a complete idiot when it comes to pinguiculas (and many other things) I'm wondering whether the "Weser" label it was sold by might be wrong....

(I left the pics at their original size, so's y'all can see more dee-tails...)

http://home.**********.com/users/han...pingweser1.JPG

http://home.**********.com/users/han...pingweser2.JPG

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks a lot in advance!

PinguiculaMoron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I think your speculations are dead-on. It doesn't look like P.'Weser', which usually has pink, triangular leaves in good light. Then again I might be completely wrong too, Pings not being my forte. Still a pretty plant though.

Amori

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A picture of the flower would help ID your Pinguicula or at least confirm your suspicion that it's not P. 'Weser'.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ April 24 2005,3:54)]A picture of the flower would help ID your Pinguicula or at least confirm your suspicion that it's not P. 'Weser'.
    As I said, I'm still waiting for the bugger to flower...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you bought it as 'Weser' then odds are 99.9999999% that it is not the real thing. Most likely it is the mass market clone that is thought to be an F2 of a basic moranensis x ehlersiae. There is a very detailed thread over this on the CPUK forum that you might want to check out.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Pyro! I guess I have to wait for the flower yet a bit more,then [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Father's girlfriend found this little P. 'Weser' plant at a sale in Chicago and purchased it for me along with another plant that was labeled P. 'Sethos'. Arlene knew I loved Pings and thought it was worth a shot to buy a few for me as a gift even if they were mislabled. I think the shape of the leaves is indicative of this being P. 'Weser' in that they do appear to have a triangular configuration to them. Would you all please tell me if the leaves of my P. 'Weser' are consistent with that which would be the actual 'Weser' as opposed to the mass marketed F2 of moranensis x ehlersiae. The little plant is a ways away from blooming but I suspect it will sooner or later so if we can not figure out what it is now, I could always post a photo at a later date.

The plant is doing very well and all the leaves you see in the photo are new growth. Sorry if the photo is poor quality but the sun from the window where that plant is sitting was very bright a few moments ago.

Say Hans, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ May 06 2005,8:27)]Say Hans, sorry for hijacking your thread.
    No need to apologize, Laura, feel free to hijack away!

Yet again I've learned something new (the triangular configuration bit)

Hans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast