What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The gift that keeps on giving

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
A while back I discovered a D. petalta growing in this pot of VFT "Dingley's Giant". Now I have a couple other hitch-hikers I'd like to get some opinions about ID's for. Thanks and enjoy the pics.

Steve

dew1sm.JPG

Full size pic

dew2sm.JPG

Full size pic

dew3sm.JPG

Full size pic

don't know about the first, maybe splat? The second 2 are definately burmanii though

Numbers 2 & 3 are Drosera burmannii. The 1st is not a "splat" or even a D. spatulata for that matter. It is a South African and looks most likely a D. dielsiana. If you are very lucky it may be a D. rubrifolia but this is unlikely. Still a little immature to give a 100% accurate ID.

Is there a D. peltata or something similar, off to the left in the first picture?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ May 31 2005,1:52)]A while back I discovered a D. petalta growing in this pot of VFT "Dingley's Giant".
Yep.

After another look the 1st photo could also be a Drosera slackii. But as I said, it is a little too small to be definite.

Thanks Sean, I will post another pic when it gets a little older.

Steve

the first might be a D. rotundifolia

The first is not a D. rotundifolia

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ May 31 2005,1:53)]The first is not a D. rotundifolia
I agree w/ Seandew, the first one reminds me of D. slackii.

Seed sown D. slackii would be fairly unlikely - I would say D. dielsiana.

Just found this thread. Sorry for the late response.

Steve - Did you get that vft from me? If so, then the red Drosera in question was purchased as a Drosera sp. Ayuan Tepui many years ago from California Carnivores and self seeds everywhere. I'm not sure what it is, but it is not slackii and differs from all dielsiana I have ever seen. The rosettes, under my care, are very small and deep red...but that doesn't mean that it can't be a dielsiana.

Any thoughts anyone?

Back