What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What sarracenia is this?

Can you tell me what Sarracenia hybrid is this:
SARRACENIA.jpg

I know it is or Judith Hindle or Dana's Delight, but i do not know to find the difference. So does any one can help me id this?

Thanks,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden

Hi Jorge,
I believe it's the Dana's Delight. I have both myself, and the one you have looks exactly like my Dana's. (see below for comparison)
smile.gif

judithhindle.jpg

Judith Hindle

Dana's Delight
leucored.jpg

Thank you very much Michelle! Now i can have peace in my mind
smile_m_32.gif

How big grows yours? I mean, how tall are those pitchers? Mine is only a 2 years baby and it has pitchers that are 10 inches tall, thought the new pitchers seems that are going to be taller
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden

[b said:
Quote[/b] (emilias_garden @ July 08 2005,1:40)]Thank you very much Michelle! Now i can have peace in my mind  
smile_m_32.gif

How big grows yours? I mean, how tall are those pitchers? Mine is only a 2 years baby and it has pitchers that are 10 inches tall, thought the new pitchers seems that are going to be taller
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden
Jorge -

Thought I would reply to your question as well...

I have Dana's Delight growing in my outdoor bog, and the pitchers are well over two feet tall. In contrast, my mature Judith Hindle has pitchers that are only about 16 inches tall.

To me, the easiest way to differentiate these two is that Judith Hindle has shorter, wider pitchers and pitcher mouths, plus a lot of green coloration in the hood; whereas Dana's Delight is taller and more slender, with deep red (almost looks flourescent) hood with white speckles.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mike Howlett
Houstonherp

Hello!

Mike: Thank you very much for the info you have given me, i hope that from now and on i can be able to recognice the differences between these 2 hybrids. I have always had this problem
smile_m_32.gif

So, Dana's Delight is a tall pitcher producer
smile.gif
That is so good to hear. I can't wait until see my plant with those pitchers measuring 2 feet
smile.gif

Thanks a lot!
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden

Hi Jorge, my Dana's Delight is about 2ft tall and is about 3 years old. The Judith is much younger, so the pitchers are about 8".

Back