User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarracenia minor?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LeftCoast @ July 15 2005,5:08)]Looks exactly like my S. x wrigleyana before I gave it full sun.

By the way...has anyone else had a problem where the pitchers on S. x wrigleyana wouldn't open w/out help? Mine seems perfectly healthy, but the pitchers just stay sealed shut unless I give them a bit of a squeeze.
    pitchers stay swelled up with air and ready to open for a few days before they actually open, just be patient
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know why they won't open sometimes, but they won't, and putting the squeeze on them doesn't seem to hurt'em, so carry on. My own s. X wrigleyana seems to have some that open, and some that won't. I don't squeeze them myself, I just let them grow however they want to.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being that you got it from Lowe's, I would say it is 'Scarlet Belle', as that is one of the few that have been in tissue-culture production and are sold to all those places that put them in those little pots with the clear dome. Highly unlikely that Lowe's would be selling a different wrigleyana, but I guess you never know.

As others have said, the plant is definitely light-starved. The pitchers should be almost a bright red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im clueless but it isnt minor, minor's lids hang obove the pitchers giving the ilusion of a smile, minor also has windows, a thin film on the pitchers
    Mens Et Manus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12