Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown sarracenia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the blurriness, but my digital camera is old and cheap. Any help appreciated. Apparently there are a couple of different plants in this pot, I think a rubra is in there, too.

An aerial view:

\"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not very talkative, are we?
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi April,
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Not very talkative, are we?
    While I can't speak for anyone else, you haven't given people much to work with here... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

The one pitcher obviously has some some S. leucophylla in it. Is it pure or a hybrid with something else - difficult to tell...

As for any of the other plants.... it's often hard to ID w/ crystal clear photos.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] Sorry....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks to me like it has strong S. leuco parentage, could be some hybrid, If it has alot of red in it it could "possibly" be S. X "Judith Hindle", or S. X "Dana's Delight"
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Aug. 07 2005,7:36)]Not very talkative, are we?
    I sometimes have to wait a few days to get an anwser, dont expect it to always be instant

It looks like an S. leuco or an S.leuco hybrid, either way it lacks some sun, put it in a very sunny position(S.leucophylla likes as much sun as possible, full sun is best)
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was kidding with the "not very talkative, are we" I expected it to be a difficult ID, because of the quality of the pictures.

I had these plants in full sun, raised anywhere from 9" to 36" above asphalt. Most of them in black pots. It has been very, very hot and dry here, 90+ for weeks and weeks, with a one day break in the lower 80's here and there. I moved them into more dappled sunlight, and they started pitchering immediately. If it would cool off a tad, I'd gladly move them back into their full sun, and I will the second the weather moderates....but I feel it's just too hot. I'm totally willing to admit I may be completely wrong here! Even my native plants are wilted and stunted because of this drought, and have required supplemental watering since early June. Which is highly unusual, as their roots go down at least 15 feet. April

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey April! Is that your boot in the 'aerial view' pic? If so, give the plant a swift kick, and tell it to identify itself!! Tell it Wally World is running out of water and you're saving it for a cactus anyway! Just kidding, of course. Those tactics should only be used for terrorist plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] It does look like a S. leucophylla, but as Ron pointed out, it is hard to tell. Can the source of the plant help you?
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, JBL...that's the tip of my clod-hopper in the picture. I never physically abuse my plants, i speak to them in dulcet tones, give them the best steam distilled water, since we're lacking rain, I don't smile at them, nor do I scowl at them. I wave to them as I depart for work in the morning, but I do not speak to or look directly at them, LOL! The happy fun balls of the plant world!

When the Leucophylla starts packing an AK...that's when I start kicking....

The source of this pot of plants is no longer available to answer any questions about it. So, with what little I know, and the knowledge of the good folks here, the tall one with the white on it is probably an S. X Leucophylla, and the other ones in the pot are S. x Rubra, according to Laurazone5. Now, should I try and separate them, or just leave them be? I really wouldn't mind just leaving them be, but would like to see this group in a bigger pot. It looks pretty crowded in there. And when is a good time to transplant into bigger pots? Spring? Fall?

And, from what I have said in a previous post..should I move them all back into full sun? most of them in black pots? Can these plants take mid 90 degree temps perched over asphalt? I surely don't want them to fry. Allegedly, by the middle of next week, the high temps are supposed to be in the mid-70's. At that point, I'm thinking it will be okay to move them all back into full sun. April

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast