What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Ghost photos!

Get the Ghosts now and buy the Orchids whenever they come up, seems nobody has any Orchid nymphs at the moment.

I've got an order in for 3 spiny flower mantids (Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii "essentially the same as" P. ocellata) getting my nymphs on the 20th.

Not my pic but what the mature spiny flowers look like:
spiny-flower-praying--pseudocreobotra-ocellata.jpg

Orchid Mantids seem prone to a sort of blackening disease. An old TF member had to do a radical amputation on one of his Orchids this past March who's forearm turned black and the black was spreading for some reason. He seemed to have stopped whatever it was by doing the arm amputation but I'd hate to have to do something like that - of course so did he!

Here's a place to get housefly and blue bottle fly pupae (bigger meal than fruitflies), put one "fly bean" in the tank every day if you don't wanna hatch them out separately and gut load them, stun them and then put them in the enclosures. keep the beans in the fridge until needed:
http://www.mantisplace.com/feederinsects.html
Buy PUPAE not spikes, spikes are maggots! lol

That is absolutely incredible! It doesn't even look like it belongs to this world...

Yours varieties are very neat as well. This is a hobby I didn't realize existed...

That is absolutely incredible! It doesn't even look like it belongs to this world...
Wait until you see the Wandering Violin Mantids coming in June!

Again, this is not my pic, and my babies won't look like this for some months
Gongylus gongylodes
Violin%20Mantis%20Male4.JPG

here's the pic source which is also a great online reference:
Phasmids in Cyberspace

These get much larger than the species I have now, check out the videos for Violin Mantis on You tube they are quite large for exotic species. I have not ordered them yet cos I need to get their large enclosures setup first.

Back