What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y'all like flies? (pics)

Now that the weather is warming up, there's more and more bugs out there. I'm trying to take closeup photos of flies, they're more cooperative than other bugs. I've come to appreciate how incredible a simple fly is, kinda feel bad when they get eaten by my plants now.

4592864703_0c5ba28c3b_o.jpg

4593456240_4c7bae71cf_o.jpg

4592787475_16fbdb468e_o.jpg

4587834769_f5144c28a3_o.jpg

4588457258_615b10cc5a_o.jpg

Ok, not a fly, but I thought this was cool.
4593236490_8af1345958_o.jpg

Click here http://www.flickriver.com/photos/bigflytrap/ to view more bugs

Amazing photos Larry! What kind of camera do you have?

Excellent! I've seen some of your shots on your Flickr. I really like the green bottle fly shots! :love:

I'll bet you have some crazy expensive camera/addon lenses to get shots like those!

For some I used a Canon 100mm macro + extension tubes, and others the Canon mp-e 65. I need some exotic Mantids to take pics of!

WOW!! Amazing pics..

I'll have to hire you to come out and take glamour shots of my mantids and other critters!

Are there any small hand held/point and shoot cameras that can do pretty good macro? I hated my chunky Coolpix 5700, I love my little Fuji J20 but the macro is lacking.

Wow, awesome shots larry

Don't know too much about the compact cameras, but most of them seem to have decent macro capabilities. Some people use a Raynox DCR-250 attachment, it's cheap and gives good results. Doesn't appear compatible with your model of camera, but may work for others attempting macro shots.

Back