What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This time the boy takes it all off

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Hey my first Ghost mantis molted into an adult today - it's a boy!

He's resting and drying his wings look at those long antennae!

maleghostmolt.jpg

maleghostmolt2.jpg

Sorry for the unclear pics. He's right by the door and I didn't wanna jostle him too much by opening the front so these pics were shot through the plastic sides of the enclosure which aren't as clear as glass. Hope you like it anyway! :)

Cool... I wouldn't know mantises; I've only seen ones at zoos and the normal green ones every once in a while...

I would update with some new clearer shots but today he's got the idea he wants to hang on the door's ventilation louver. I'd like to feed him too but I'm kind of wary that he'll take flight to try out those wings if I pull him out when i take the door off. I did buy a butterfly net with a long handle just incase - I have 15 foot ceilings! LOL

Those antenae are wild!

Good thinking with the butterfly net. A friends iguana got loose in there house one time. It decided to climb up the outside of the chimney in the living room, which put it a good 10 feet out of reach :-D Took a week for them to finally catch him. :blush:

At least he was in the house. My uncles wife rolled the rhinoceros iguanas' cage outside so he could get some sun and she could clean the lizard and bird room while my uncle was at work and "somehow" he got out. They saw him from time to time in the tree tops but never could catch him so surely he died over the winter as they live in Wisconsin and iguanas don't...

Sweet! He's going to need those large antennae to catch the pheromones from the ladies.:)

Nice pet! He's a real cutie :p

Back