Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My newest Pet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was considering an Emperor Scorpion for a while since they get nice and big and people claim they are the most docile of all the scorpions I also like black (90% of my possessions are black) and I'm a "Scorpio"...

I've still held off because of the off chance of getting stung, supposedly it's similar to a bee sting which I am slightly allergic to so no telling how I'd do with a scorpion sting. So instead I bought 10 crabs I never see! LOL

I have received animals by USPS, the boxes are printed and state the contents "LIVE HARMLESS REPTILES" or "LIVE HARMLESS INSECTS". Usually sent overnight, though I have had mantids sent via Priority mail and arrived just fine.
    Last edited by swords; 07-01-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I was considering an Emperor Scorpion for a while since they get nice and big and people claim they are the most docile of all the scorpions I also like black (90% of my possessions are black) and I'm a "Scorpio"...

I've still held off because of the off chance of getting stung, supposedly it's similar to a bee sting which I am slightly allergic to so no telling how I'd do with a scorpion sting. So instead I bought 10 crabs I never see! LOL
    LOL, I'm also a scorpio. I really like them emperor scorpions to. Someday I may even decide to get one of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Emperor's are from tropical forests so you could do a fun planted setup. They are pretty cheap too, about $15 for a large one. If it's female and from a group of others they are often said to arrive pregnant. The female Emperor for sale at the Petco across the street from me had babies at the store. Had I bought her as soon as she showed up I would have a bunch of baby scorps. I missed that opportunity!

Might be silly to ask but do you have a long pair of feeding/grasping tongs so your hand is never closer than 10-12" from the critter?

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    The Emperor's are from tropical forests so you could do a fun planted setup. They are pretty cheap too, about $15 for a large one. If it's female and from a group of others they are often said to arrive pregnant. The female Emperor for sale at the Petco across the street from me had babies at the store. Had I bought her as soon as she showed up I would have a bunch of baby scorps. I missed that opportunity!

Might be silly to ask but do you have a long pair of feeding/grasping tongs so your hand is never closer than 10-12" from the critter?
    I saw an emperor scorpion at my pet shop with such a cute little scorpling clinging to her back... It's a good thing rosies lay egg sacks or we'd have just as many surprise babies!
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emperors are the best, big and scary to people, but super docile and never sting, at least the adults don't. The younger ones might sting. I'd get some again if I had the room. A 10 gallon doesn't even seem big enough, I don't like seem them trying to climb the corners and banging their claws on the glass.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Have you kept scorpions before? It's a gorgeous species, but not something I would ever keep. Incase of an earthquake or my cat messing with it's enclosure, I don't want that loose in the house. The most dangerous scorp I got is C. sculpturatus, not too concerned about this one.

Now that I look at it more, are you positive it's Androctonus australis? Can you take another picture with a good side view of it's tail? From the pic, it looks more like a Vaejovis (devil scorpion), which also has a fat tail.
    Took a couple new pics of the scorpion. I'm sure that its a Androctonus Australis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    I didn't send it via USPS.. I sent it FedEx. Which is allowed..
    Actually, I looked this up before and it's not.....matter of fact, NONE of the postal carriers will knowingly ship venomous inverts of any kind......it sucks, but it's in the fine print.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    Actually, I looked this up before and it's not.....matter of fact, NONE of the postal carriers will knowingly ship venomous inverts of any kind......it sucks, but it's in the fine print.
    Hows that so? Theres online stores that you can order scorpions and spiders from.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast