What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool yellow jackets

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ants
Found these guys eating a piece of meat I left out. I was hoping to attract flies, but these guys showed up instead, along with ants.

4762966356_5682668f6a_b.jpg

4762966130_9693d04854_b.jpg

4762330445_488b281857_b.jpg

Taken with my new Canon T2i with mp-e 65mm lens. :-D

it is insane how amazing this are.
thanks for sharing!

ps. try rotting fish for flies.

I found a couple too this weekend... in my N. Alata

Great pics!
I wish I had the $ for a nice lens.
I can't keep those away from my outside garden.
They seem to like live sphagnum.
Every time I water I have to dodge stinging insects.

You are much braver than I my friend. I'll do close ups of honey bees but none in the hornet/wasp family. Too aggressive for me.
Great photos

You are much braver than I my friend. I'll do close ups of honey bees but none in the hornet/wasp family. Too aggressive for me.
Great photos
on my last encounter with a yellow jacket , within 10 min my blood pressure was 40 / 60, and i had no pulse at either wrist, nor either ankle, my vision was almost totally black .I was lucky to be near a emergency care center ,I parked my car in the middle of the road, fell in the door, and they saved my life.
I had been stung many times by these guys but had never had a reaction like this , Doctor told me any one can react like this at any given time in their life,:-(
These are some great shots, but i hope your keeping your Epi-pen close.

:0o: @ the camera. That is an insane macro shot! Wow!

Incredible shots! For attracting flies I put some fish (dead, of course) in a bucket of water and that gets tons of flies and also prevents the ants from eating it.

Incredible shots! For attracting flies I put some fish (dead, of course) in a bucket of water and that gets tons of flies and also prevents the ants from eating it.

Rotting fish in water, yuk!

Find some Bald-Faced hornets to take pictures of. Those are pretty awesome too. Nice photos.

Back