Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rose-Haired Tarantulas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose-Haired Tarantulas

Well, I've been thinking about getting a rose-haired tatantula because it is aggressive, slightly dangerous, and most of all FREAKING AWESOME!!! Erm, anyways, I was wondering where I could get this type of Tarantula and what I will need to provide a good home for it. I have never raised any types of spiders or tarantulas and have no experience with reptiles or small animals other than gamebirds.

Also, what's a T?
    -just burned your snow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T is just short for tarantula...and sorry i dont have any advice on how to keep em, nor do i really want to get any experience with them :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, too bad. I heard that it was bad for a beginner, so I'm going to steer away from the G. Rosea. On a side note, where can I find Brachypelma, Aphonopelma(except seemanni), or Avicularia?
    -just burned your snow

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntSnow View Post
    Well, I've been thinking about getting a rose-haired tatantula because it is aggressive, slightly dangerous, and most of all FREAKING AWESOME!!! Erm, anyways, I was wondering where I could get this type of Tarantula and what I will need to provide a good home for it. I have never raised any types of spiders or tarantulas and have no experience with reptiles or small animals other than gamebirds.

Also, what's a T?
    Most rose hairs are not actually aggressive or dangerous... except mine, which tried to take out my hand the seconds time I tried holding her. Just remember that if you don't care to hold or watch this pet, it'll just be ignored and a hindrance to your plant hobby. I'm fascinated with mine, but without that special connection with handling she's pretty much a pain in the butt.

Aw, too bad. I heard that it was bad for a beginner, so I'm going to steer away from the G. Rosea. On a side note, where can I find Brachypelma, Aphonopelma(except seemanni), or Avicularia?
    Edit: rosies are actually the perfect beginner T, because they're docile and very hardy. Don't know where you heard that.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SIG, thanks for the info. Would I be able to hold one? Do stores remove the stingers? I don't care, just want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kweef View Post
    ...Personally, I wouldn't recommend G. rosea as a first tarantula since they tend to be very unpredictable in their habits which can be frustrating for a new keeper...
    -just burned your snow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massmorels Here would be your best person to talk to on T's. I'm getting one from him. He's highly experienced in them.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SIG, thanks for the info. Would I be able to hold one? Do stores remove the stingers? I don't care, just want to know.
    Most rosies are able to be held.. to make sure, try in the pet store first (ask them to try before you do though!). The "stingers" are their fangs. If they did that, they wouldn't be able to eat, and they'd grow them back at the first molt anyway. By "unpredictability" Kweef is probably talking about how weird they are. They'll show some very strange, but not harmful behavior, which can worry a newb (Like me!). So if this T is the one that interests you, go for it, though there are also plenty of other good beginner Ts. I recommend http://tarantulas.us/forums/, they're very helpful.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it's venomous. How would I be able to hold it?

P.S.
    I am forced to ask these questions because of my father.
    -just burned your snow

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast