What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another for the Arachno guys

Last week was the huge luna moth larvae, this week it's this guy. Like Jimmy though I don't know my spiders either :p Any IDing much appreciated!

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

Last edited:
that is such a cool spider, looks like hes got a yellow melon on his back LOL

Wow, just awesome!

I'm pretty sure it's a marbled orb weaver

Ohh ding, I think that's it! Pictures look darn similar. Thanks :)

Are you keeping it? How big is it?
It would be awesome to have a terrarium with some twigs and a nice fancy web with a colorful spider like that hanging out in the center of it.
Yes I am! Outside that is. :-))

My tanks are all taken up and I don't have any tops for them. And before you say it... we don't have a Petco around here :-D

Don't think the little lady would be able to sleep anyways if I brought it inside. I only found it when it started moving and it only did that because I accidentally broke it's web :blush: I'm sure it'll be back out today on a new web, I'll try to get some shots of it posing.
Thanks for the ID!

Well he was still out there and had spun a new web but was camera shy today. I really need some funds and get myself a DSLR and macro lens...
Since he was camera shy I snapped a pic of his butt :jester:

IMG_0336.JPG

Found him out there while I was browsing:

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

Did you get peed on?

Every time I've caught a toad I get squirted! :D

Did you get peed on?

Every time I've caught a toad I get squirted! :D

Me too, every time! That's why I always carry them well away and ahead of my shoes :lol:

LOL nope I got lucky I guess. As I reached to grab it my fiancee said 'Don't it'll pee all over you!'
I decided against her advice and grabbed him up before the dogs did and moved him to the other side of the fence. Maybe I'll find something else tomorrow :p

great colors

Thanks, just wish I would have had my camera on me to do a nice macro shot. Phone did a pretty decent job though.

Back