What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Alien

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
Will the real alien please stand up.
5048612321_c69da47397_b.jpg

5049233130_f4e216cde6_b.jpg

Hahahahaha, awesome!! Fantastic stage and shots as always!

that is absolutely INCREDIBLE photography!

What Chromy shots! :D

The stark style fits the biomechanical theme of both subjects!

What series of Alien is that figure from (who produced it, Neca, McFarlane, overseas)? Is it customized at all?

Thanks all.

It's the Neca AVP one. I love Neca figures, but their joints are so tight that appendages break as soon as you try to pose them. This alien has like a million articulation points, half of which I had to super glue together permanently because they broke.

Yeah Neca hires great sculptors - those breakage probs are due to mass production at the china factory. After working at a Minneapolis toy studio and knowing what stuff looks like when we'd ship the prototypes and paint masters out compared to what you see in the retail box on the shelves at Walmart is almost sad. The studio I worked at mostly did Marvel Select & Toy Biz stuff while I was there. Before I started they did the Lord of the Rings figure series which would have been awesome to work on... I can officially say I HATE wolverine in all his various eras and costumes!

Useless trivia: The guy who painted the cover of Megadeth's "Peace Sells but Who's Buying?" record is/was Neca's art director a few years back! LOL

Back