What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wee Lil' Creobroter gemmatus

:love: Oh wow! Very, very adorable. Post pics of their progression :)

Flower mantids are awesome! Put some colorful stuff in their enclosures (diff colors in each enclosure) and maybe they'll change colors. Mine did. I had a purple wandering jew plant in one enclosure and all green plants in the other and the mantids adopted camo colors accordingly. I never did find any yellow leaved plants I wanted to see if the 3rd flower mantid could adopt a yellowish color.

Yeah

I remember seeing some pics a friend had of his Psuedocreobotra wahlbergii {Spiny Flower / #9 Mantis} nymphs that had red & purple marks on them
He had fake flowers in with them but the colors were still cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep that's the species I had very pretty. I didn't wanna put fake flowers in (fake plants just bother me! LOL) so I looked for real plants with colored leaves.

Flower mantids are awesome! Put some colorful stuff in their enclosures (diff colors in each enclosure) and maybe they'll change colors. Mine did. I had a purple wandering jew plant in one enclosure and all green plants in the other and the mantids adopted camo colors accordingly. I never did find any yellow leaved plants I wanted to see if the 3rd flower mantid could adopt a yellowish color.

Do you know how long it takes them to change color
Is it a few day thing or is it over time

The way I have them set up right now I can't grow anything in the cups
But I'm going to try it with some cut flowers in water & see what happens
&
Yeah I hate fake plants too but if I had any I'd give them a try for the fun of it

I'll post some pics as soon I get a chance

Here's a few shots of one eating
They're going after everything that moves

I love to watch mantids eat

Last edited:
Creobroters are awesome, don't seem to be scared to tackle prey of any size.

I like the way they'll stalk something they see moving instead of just waiting & ambushing it

very cool shots. He/she looks happy with that fly.

Added a few "Mo Pics" of them eating if you want to check them out
http://pets.webshots.com/album/579784223ZbubZv

These little guys are taking out prey 3 to 4 times the size of themselves without any problems
Love the way they HUNT

I have 2 that I can offer in trade for other mantids or CPs
Shoot me an email if interested & we'll see what we can work out

Eric
dethcheez@aol.com

These things almost look like little dogs. That's crazy. Very creepy - such intelligent insects, hunting like big cats or something.

These things almost look like little dogs. That's crazy. Very creepy - such intelligent insects, hunting like big cats or something.

They're like little mini pit bulls
They don't sit & wait in ambush
If they see something moving
They'll hunt it down & Take It OUT

I also have some Dead Leaf Mantids
Thay are cooler looking
But they are P*$$ies compared to these guys / LOL

Back