What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First attempt at arthropod photography "Black Widow"

• Thread starter Monkey
  • Start date
So, I'm testing out the new camera for all it's worth :) and these are the results of my first attempts arthropod photography, all pics below are of Latrodectus mactans (Black Widow)

IMG_7751.jpg

IMG_7745.jpg

IMG_7731-1-1.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

Very nice; the skin's crawling already . . .

How gorgeous! It's nice to see someone photographing the male, since they're just as stunning as the females. Where did you find these two?

Oh they're all over the place down in these parts. Once you develop an eye you can spot them in pretty much every yard. These were taken in my driveway and front porch, respectively.

Interesting color pattern on the male.

Reminds me, I need to get a male for my female L. variolus.

So when do they lay eggs? Whats the offspring survival rate? Are they hard to care for?

Very cool to keep if you have the right setup... I'd be really scared if I couldn't find one in the cage though. :jester:

I've bred them before, it's pretty easy. And the survival rate is somewhere around....too many tiny spiders to count.

Quite a first pick for spider photography. Very nice detail.

Didn't realize the males had the hourglass as well.

Back