What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another scorpion picture: Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis

• Thread starter ECooper
  • Start date
I picked-up a nasty virus late last week and haven’t been feeling particularly inspired (or healthy) ever since. But this morning—once I stopped trying to cough-up a lung—I decided to grab my camera and take a few photos of one of my Israeli pillar tail scorpions (Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis for my blog.

These are such great (I dare say cute) little scorpions. But they are a pain to photograph because they live in a dusty environment—and it is really difficult to get a nice, clear, sharp photo of a very small, dusty animal. It’s tempting to wash one of these little beasts off in some warm water. But I’m afraid that immersion in water, even for a short time, would stress the animal badly or even worse, cause it harm.

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com
orthochirus 1 copyright Ernie Cooper 2012_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

Another great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Thats really cool scorpions sound like...fun.

Neat lil bugger. :)

Scorpions don't bathe? Who knew?!

im sure it's more of a species to species case whether or not bathing or being placed in water is beneficial or not. i've seen emperor scorpions kicking it in their water dishes with no signs of stress. and let's not forget our astrology....the scorpio is considered a water element :awesome: lolz.

The tail is so beefy compared to the rest of the body. It looks like some sort of armor plating from a sci-fi thriller.

Back