What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a widdle widow update

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Well been a few months. Not sure if my two newer widows have reached full adulthood yet or not. I forgot to keep track of the number of molts. I suspect they have passed through their penultimate molt, in which case I have two females. Pity one wasn't a male. Only took a photo of the one. They look very similar in color pattern and so saw no reason to traumatize both. Oh, and for those who were wondering which species they were ... I finally know.

I thought it rather neat that the borders on the stripes(?) have sort of a "crackled" look to them reminiscent of some painting styles or some types of glass candle containers and drinking glasses.

Last edited:
Very nice ! L.mexicanus is my favorite species of Widow. I also love L.hasseltii and some of the South African Latrodectus species but, L.mexicanus steals the show for sure ! Too bad you didn't get a male as well......

She looks like she's starving ... :-))

Wow. beautiful spider. I remember you showing us the picture when you first got her... alot bigger now

Let me know if you need a Western Black widow, their patterns aren't as exciting, but I catch them all the time over here!

She's a beauty and you certainly know how to please with the meals I can see.

Beautiful! It's nice to see another invert keeper. :D

Very nice ! L.mexicanus is my favorite species of Widow. I also love L.hasseltii and some of the South African Latrodectus species ....

L. bishopi is one I'd like to get again. Those can be gorgeous as well. Pity they're only native to one small section of Florida.

She looks like she's starving ... :-))

Fashion model don't ya know. :D

A couple other pics -- one in particular better shows the "crackled" look I was referring to.

Last edited:
Back