Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little about me

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, they also have Boggle, Monopoly, Yahtzee,.... But only Scrabble and Boggle rely on gray matter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, glad you found it. I'm there under back2eight. Like I said before, the site sometimes has technical difficulties, like it can be hard to get into a game, but I have played there for years. Its fun. Add tds.net to the end of my username, and you have my email address, so feel free to send an email.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I am wading through registering with their forum. I see that there are many... um... incongruities. Someone called babyblueRhot just challenged me and I'm not ready to do anything about it except deny and hurt someone's feelings. I'm just checking this out right now.

You'll think I am nuts, but when I registered for the games itself, it asked for a reference. So I typed in back2eight and it wasn't recognized. I'll send you an Email, after I deny and put in a reason for denying. BRB!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently watching a match and some of their words don't appear to be real. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] Are contestants allowed to consult their own Scrabble dictionary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, you will get the hang of it. Have you ever played by tournament rules? That is what it follows. There are lots of words accepted that don't seem like real words and it always confuses new players. There are 96 acceptable 2-letter words, I have them all memorized. People probably would not like it if they thought you were using a dictionary, but a lot of people do it. I have one. I also have an anagram program. As long as you don't take too long in between moves it doesn't matter. Most people like fast games, so don't take your time in between each play. I usually can look up a word while the other person is taking their turn, then I'm ready to play right away. There used to be a website, I don't know if it still exists, called trussel.com I believe, and it explains tournament play and gives you lists of words, like the 96 two-letter words, and some words to make with hard letters like Q and Z. I had printed out what was on that website and would have those sheets of paper in front of me while I played. I don't need them any more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no... what have I gotten myself into?! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] I have 2 copies of the "Official Scrabble Dictionary" and I used to study / memorize the 2 & 3 letter words, some of which I have probably forgotten. My sister taught me that mastering the 2 & 3 letter words was the best strategy, along with never leaving a Triple Word Score open. Always sew things up, even if you can't make much out of it yourself. Make as many horizontal and vertical words as possible and leave as little open for one's opponent. Basically, it's trench warfare. I'm sure that is nothing new to the true Scrabble players. I think the books are up in the attic somewhere... You will find that I won't be as strong and competitive as what as being described (at first), but better than what you normally come across when you break out a board and ask if anyone is interested in playing.

I love anagrams and crossword puzzles as well. I think I have some studying to do! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12