Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little about me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am new to this forum. I met a couple of people from this forum on another one and they told me about this one. I enjoy growing CPs, and hope my collection will grow soon. I have a small outdoor collection, and some nepenthes in my windowsill, and some tropical butterworts and drosera in a terrarium. I really want some byblis liniflora seeds. I haven't tried those yet. I also have terrariums with frogs (tomato's right now, darts coming soon). I love to read a lot, I play Scrabble online a lot, I have dogs and a cat, and several horses. I enjoy oil painting, too. I am a mother with three children and I work as a medical transcriptionist. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_r_32.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF! I see we have a couple things in common - cats and Scrabble. Aside from the abbreviated version of trying to make up words from random letters, is there truly a program to play Scrabble, as one would play chess with a friend? In other words, I challenge thee to a duel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 02 2006,7:58)]is there truly a program to play Scrabble, as one would play chess with a friend?
    indeed there is! you both need yahoo accounts, and go to games.yahoo.com, and under "word games" click on Literati.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play on the website games.com. The site sometimes has some issues, like when it is full it can be hard to get into a game, but I've been playing there for years and I love it. Why don't you check it out and play a few games, see if you like it, and then I will accept the duel! We can set a time and go in there and play each other. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presto / Emily: Thank you for the guidance. I do have a Yahoo account and actually had the opportunity to play one game of chess with one of our forum members.

Back2eight: My lack of computer savvy is showing again. I did a Google by pasting website games.com and came up with a whole mess of sites, but none of them specifically were that site. I also perused through the top site listing: Free online games, under puzzles and word game categories - but came up empty. Obviously, something is amiss. Any suggestions?

You have no idea how difficult it is to find someone who can play Scrabble and put together 200+ scores - except for my 150 IQ sister!

Anyone do that 9 square grid puzzle thingy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Hmmm, I have no idea why you would have had trouble finding it. That is the web address, games.com. If it won't bring it up, try googling "play scrabble online" or something like that and it should bring it up. But that is the site, games.com!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jimscott, I just tried to to make sure, and I types in google "games.com" and it was the only thing it brought up. I promise, it exists!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably made a mistake in my wording on the search. This time I found the site and registered. I'm waiting for them to send the Email confirmation. Looking forward to matching wits with ya!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast