User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zealous newbie introducing herself and her VFT!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Feb. 11 2006,10:15)]Carito,
    You can learn alot of what not to do by asking that experimental crazy jimscott guy. He's got loads of stories, and quite a legacy here.

Oh do not worry Carito, I've met Scott a few times and unfortunately he has move far away now and I can only pick on him in cyberspace.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Hey Steve, Thanks for providing the caveats! We certainly have quite a cast of forum characters here - 3 Steves and a me. All we're missing is JBL & Ozzy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimscott:

Thank you SO MUCH for the elaborate help! I researched many sites before finally posting my questions, I somewhat predicted all the answers, but wanted to be sure, since I know VFT's are a precarious plant.

I am EXTREMELY CLOSE to LA, in fact I attended UCLA and graduated last year. (Current occupation: bum, living off her Korean parents). I would be thrilled to check out the LACPS.

I will be dwelling in the trading post, and most gratefully so [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

This is so embarrassing, I am so excited and obsessed, I will raise a farm of these kitties, I would bounce around to see hordes of VFT everywhere.

-Caro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very tempted to send you a free 'Big Mouth' VFT to make up for your Equilibrio experience, except they're just about to come out of the fridge (as mostly just a rhizome) and though it should grow there's no guarantee it made it through dormancy ok.

If you can bear the heartbreak of a possible dud, it's all yours.

'Big Mouth' might be a misnomer though... my typical makes bigger traps so far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Feb. 12 2006,1:35)]I'm very tempted to send you a free 'Big Mouth' VFT to make up for your Equilibrio experience, except they're just about to come out of the fridge (as mostly just a rhizome) and though it should grow there's no guarantee it made it through dormancy ok.

If you can bear the heartbreak of a possible dud, it's all yours.

'Big Mouth' might be a misnomer though... my typical makes bigger traps so far...
    WUUUUOOOOAHHHh!!!! Neeeaatt!!!

(heart thuds in excitement)

Out of all the varieties I have been obsessively looking at today (displays her utter geekdom and fanaticism) the Big Mouth was the one I wanted to purchase the most!! After seeing pictures like http://www.yourecommerce.com/hosting...20Mouth10.jpg, I was immediately won over. I saw some websites selling the plant for like 10 British Pounds (that's like $20) plus charged TWICE that for shipping, and I was about to give up! I guess secondly I would like to own the Red Dragon.

I would most definitely still take care of it! How long does it usually take to emerge from its dormancy if I gingerly tend to it?

I got my first VFT yesterday and tonight, I am pleased to see the traps opening with ruddy pigmentation nestled inside, I think it is enjoying my meager attempt at spoiling it.

What climate are you from? And how many VFTs do you have? ARe they all in the fridge? What is your favourite variety?

Good night,
    Caro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

Feel free to check out my (unfinished) website in my signature for info about CPs and pictures of my plants.

Glad to know that you found CPs! They're great [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, hub of some of the oddest, if not entertaining folk around! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Cheers
    Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too. I got my first VFTs, a Red Dragon and a Typical from Equilibrio as well. A little pricey but he shipped them very quickly. They were well packed too. I also just got 3 more from a local garden center for $5 a piece that were much larger. I got a Nep Alata or Ventrata as well! I scored!

I think we're both in trouble here, I'm sure I'll be going nuts buying more in the coming months!

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Terraforums! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I recently "rescued" a VFT from a local nursery in mid-December where they were in little plastic cups. I knew that I just had to get 'em outta there. Here's the little guy now:

I think VFTs are pretty awesome, and I hope you have success with these plants.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast