What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zealous newbie introducing herself and her VFT!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 11 2006,7:42)]Hey Steve, Thanks for providing the caveats! We certainly have quite a cast of forum characters here - 3 Steves and a me. All we're missing is JBL  & Ozzy.
Well what the heck.. 3 Steves is never enough so lets add 1 more.

Welcome to the forum Carito. I will be doing some divisions of my plants in a few weeks, I might be able to help you out with a few mature plants then.

Cheers
Steve

I'm utterly floored and shocked by everyone in this community.

There is such a rampant friendliness, immediate trust, and just a general warmth. I'm so grateful to be part of something like that!

To everyone: I'm a web/graphic designer, PLEASE let me know if I can help you out with making graphics/icons/avatars/sigs/sites!!
smile.gif

(hugs)
Caro

Ps. I'm utterly NUTTY. I think I'll fit right in with everyone and their idiosycrasies, but I am truly eccentric, enough to be deemd crazy ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Carito @ Feb. 12 2006,5:41)]I'm utterly floored and shocked by everyone in this community.

There is such a rampant friendliness, immediate trust, and just a general warmth. I'm so grateful to be part of something like that!

To everyone: I'm a web/graphic designer, PLEASE let me know if I can help you out with making graphics/icons/avatars/sigs/sites!!
smile.gif

(hugs)
Caro

Ps. I'm utterly NUTTY. I think I'll fit right in with everyone and their idiosycrasies, but I am truly eccentric, enough to be deemd crazy ;)
It's all good that you're crazy. Makes the community here that much more diverse
smile_n_32.gif

Welcome to the group ! The best way I've found to learn is from mistakes I and others have made. Post your questions and you'll find someone has usually done it right and wrong several times. Don't be afaid of taking a loss though once in a while. Builds your CP desire and determination !! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN !! kinda thing Most of all have fun !

Thank you! I am indeed learning from mistakes, but am also touched with the huge amount of patience others here had about my mistakes...

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

You've found an unusual place on the web, where people are kind and polite for the most part. Quite unique!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (larry @ Feb. 26 2006,5:46)]You've found an unusual place on the web, where people are kind and polite for the most part.  Quite unique!
Tell me about it! I can't recall the last time I've posted on a forum that had so many nice people on it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (larry @ Feb. 26 2006,8:46)]You've found an unusual place on the web, where people are kind and polite for the most part.  Quite unique!
Some of us are just plain looney tunes!
smile_m_32.gif

My!  Aren't we all on our good behaviour today.
Something is just not right.  
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 27 2006,8:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (larry @ Feb. 26 2006,8:46)]You've found an unusual place on the web, where people are kind and polite for the most part.  Quite unique!
Some of us are just plain looney tunes!    
smile_m_32.gif
I've aways admitted to being nuts. I'm certifiable!

smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Feb. 27 2006,6:38)]My!  Aren't we all on our good behaviour today.
Something is just not right.  
confused.gif
yeah something is just not right... all t he GUYS have replied, what about the other ladies on this forum?
smile_l_32.gif

Where ARE girls on this forum1?!?

Why are girls not interested in carnivourous plants!??!

This is sad, I told all my girlfriends about my plants and they insipidly pretended to listen.

The girl to guy ratio here is like 1:100. I must be a man on the inside.

But then again, I've ALWAYS been a tomboy.

It's always been odd to me that girls/women seem to stray away from CPs. I know a lot of females that love plants and gardening, but I guess CPs are just too gross and "evil" for most of them
smile_m_32.gif
They like nice plants!

It's a bit like video games. Most females don't care for the violent games, but when you give them a game like Animal Crossing, they take to it like a fish to water!

i read something somewhere about different levels of heck for plants, cps were on the gloutony part of heck... i guess they are evil...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Carito @ Feb. 27 2006,1:50)]Where ARE girls on this forum1?!?

Most of them are currently dormant or have formed a hibernaculum. They should be returning in the spring. But this one is from a warmer climate, so there is more of a year round quality about her - like a D. paradoxa. So I guess we should keep her well-watered, with lots of sunlight. Then she'll turn all red and flower contantly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This is sad, I told all my girlfriends about my plants and they insipidly pretended to listen.

Don't worry, guys or girls, seems most of my friends just pretend to listen. Tho, I have hooked a few.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Mar. 02 2006,5:32)]Tho, I have hooked a few.
hey!!! thats what i do too! but most of the time it fails
biggrin.gif

i know im a "married" man but i just have to say this, funny that all the GUYS replied faster than all the girls, is it really spring this early?  
smile_l_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif
well you know, pretty woman and all
smile_o_32.gif

C'mon Santos! She's not nearly as pretty as this member!

849Santos_3_1_.jpg

SANTOS!!! You studly Dawg you!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
How all that stud got into you, I will never know!
Sorry, Caro. Not enough stud in ya! (Thank God!)

Back