Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Actually, VFT bulbs stay relatively small. if the bulbs are 1inch or more across, then you have a pretty good size VFT!
    In the summer, slowly acclimate the VFT's to the outdoors environment. Also, DO NOT leave the VFT's in the aquarium in the summer because the heat from the sun will build up and cause them to roast. Just set them out in the open air in the summer, and they will do fine.
    dewy
    AWESOME! Thanks for reassuring me that the bulbs are an ok size. Its funny, I see all of the pictures of these things (even the ones I've taken - see below) they seem huge - and I've seen some pitcher plants that are much larger than I expected. At any rate, I didnt expect the man eating plant, but my size judgement was a bit off bcause my brother was screwing with me in the photos using a modified ruler that over-estimated their size What a loser. But its good to know that a 1" bulb is a good thing. I'm used to larger bulbs than that for the size of plant, but then again I'm pretty much a newbie to non-aquarium planted tanks.

Also, thanks for the heads up on acclimating them to outside. I'm used to doing things like that for the corals in my tanks, and when the time came that was going to be a question I asked but you preempted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topic moved to introduce yourself thread.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tekknoschtev, your VFT's look really healthy. They will get a little bit bigger, but they are good sized for only 95 cents.
    dewy
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12