Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no...(geeze this got outta hand) if your VFT is not doing so hot then it can be a death wish...wait a sec! i thought i edited out that part when i put in the plant may declide after flowering...sorry ill do that right now. and i did say that if the plant wasnt healthy(never said that his was) it might die though!
    Bugweed: i know that if the plant is healthy and doing great it can flower without many side effects. I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!

Guys, IM SORRY i get most of my knowldge from The Savage Garden so dont blame me, blame Peter! back when i first posted that i didnt know that some of the info in Peter's book was very wrong. like U. longifolia being epiphatic! im sorry!
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex, don't sweat it. Or take it so hard. Wrong info is everywhere out there and we learn as we grow. Peter had a lot of wrong information in his book, BUT, that is what he had been taught at that time and up to that point. Newer additions of his book have corrections. Like Schnell's Ghost being anthocyanin free. OOPS! WRONG!! Believe me, he heard all about it ALL about it! And VFT's living only 2 or 3 decades. Alex, As long as I have been growing, I don't know ANYONE who outlived his VFT's. Even collections 55 years old, and MORE!!! So I grew up with wrong info too, and have had to make an awful lot of changes over the years, and I became a fairly competent grower anyway. Live and learn and grow. That goes for all of us, Alex. So don't feel like you made a supreme error. I have made worse ones, believe me!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (MDPotter @ May 24 2006,4:42)]My new dews
    Binata, dichotoma and multifada all in one pot:

Wow looking good MD.Keep those pictures coming from time to time.I always like to see howmuch peoples plants grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Duke, Ill post more pics of everything soon, interesting info too guys, so if savage garden is a bit behind the info curve, any recommendations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    US only. Don Schnell "Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada." VERY informative, and not too bad all things considered. A mainstay book was/is A. Slack's "Carnivorous Plants". Covered all the plants. Very well done.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dews 9 days later:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good MDpotter.I posted this over at Cpuk but Donald Schnell lives in my home town.I went by a local Flowershop looking for cp's and he advised me to call Donald.Once I got him on the phone didn't really know what to say.I really wanted to say can I come and look at your CP's but didn't.Needless to say he didn't invite me to his home.Although it's pretty cool living in the same town.Eventhough it does me as much good as someone living 5,000 miles away.

Keep the pictures coming MD.I have some recent purchases but my camera isn't that good soooo.Once my vehicle gets fixed I will be able to get more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thanks Duke, so does Don Schnell have a nursery and sell or is it a private collection? Either way, asking if you could see his plants wouldnt be in any way out of line I wouldnt think. He probably expected it.
    And now that someone IDed this for me Ill post a pic of my N. Ventrata:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast