What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for having me

Hello, I grow my CPs outside in Carthage Texas. I use an old bathtub with a sump pump/soaker hose watering system to keep it wet. The water is collected from the air conditioner runoff and used . I grow several varieties of Sarracenia, VFT, and Drosera. I want to try some pings and terrestrial utrics. This is my homepage:back yard bog

I fixed your link for you.
smile.gif

Andrew

Hi there

I just love your Forum name. lol Good one! Welcome to TerraForums.
smile.gif
I couldn't see your homepage...I got an error message.

I hope you stick around, learn some new things and have fun. We have a nice bunch of folks here. I'm sure you'll find your collection will expand.

Another CP addict added to the fold!
biggrin.gif

Nice!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? NICE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
PAK, tell the truth, some are nice, the rest of us are bearable. I accuse YOU of being NICE!!

Hi Boglodyte! Run while you can!!!! You have entered the portals of the CP insane! Hook a ride on a Union Pacific SD-70ACE locomotive while you can!! RUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pick me a tune while your doing that! You can use my '48 0-15 Martin!

Bug, get over here and take your meds before i have to get the dart gun out again!!!

bog, welcome to the forum, most of us are 1/2 way sane though only 1/2 way.............Bug's really gone off the deep end lately though. im one of the local Utric nuts, Pyro, jimscott and Great Bladder Master Tamlin are fellow Brothers of the Bladder. looking forward to helping you out with your addiction.....errrrr.........ahhhhh.......hobby?.......we are all friends here except for Bugweed..........hes just strange.......must be the alien chiggers

Welcome to the fourms.
smile.gif
I fixed your link for you. I don't have time to check the site out.. Although it sounds super interesting and will do so later!!!
Andrew

Somehow the terraforums url got mixed in with yours. Here's the correct link:
boglodyte's bog

I have a bathtub bog in my yard, too!
biggrin.gif

Capslock

Nice bog. Welcome to TF!

Great to be here. I've already been influenced by the CP insane!
smile_n_32.gif
As of today I added some D. intermedia, U.resupinata, and S. alata "nigrapurpurea" to my collection. And away we go!

congrats.........................i had to go look up U. resupinata........an aquatic, no wonder i hadnt heard of it
smile_n_32.gif

OMG!! It was sold to me as a terrestrial! Quick! To the bog Batman!

smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

Welcome!

LMAO!!!!!! your going to fit in just fine......................it may grow as a terrestrial im not terribly familiar with US species

Dr. Schnell says it's a semi-aquatic. I got it in a place where it will get plenty of water.

semi aquatic........................all utrics i can think of other than the Ipurea and Orchidoides will grow as semi aquatics
smile_m_32.gif

Holy Sphagnum, Bogloman!!!! The utrics are trying to get away from you! Send them over here, I will help them out!

Shall I bring around the Boglomobile, Bogloman????

I think I have the situation under control. I was stressing for a minute there!

That looks really good. Welcome to the forums, if you care I'm right around the corner here in Dallas. I've got a few bogs but nothing like yours.

I hope I'm never accused of not caring! That's the worst thing a person can do. Thanks for the welcome. If you want, PM me and we'll compare growlists.

Boglodyte, just post your growlist in this forum (we gotta spot for that) and we can ALL compare growlists. I think you might want to get ahold of Houstonherp. He is Head grower for the NASC and is always working in the bogs. Planning a bog trip this August-September to a very famous Texas bog. Not too far from Dallas.

Will do! I work in the oilfield over here. I'm afraid I don't get much free time to go bogging.

Back