What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello..

Hi, my name is Joe and I am from New York. I am new to the scene of carnivorous plants and lately I have done research on them, specifically the venus fly trap. I find them absolutely fascinating. I plan to get a venus fly trap very soon but they are hard to find in my area. I may just buy one off the internet, or does anyone know a good place where they got theirs? As far as my other interests go, I'm into oceanography and astronomy. Hope to see you all around the forum.

~Joe
smilie4.gif

Hi Joe an welcome to TerraForums! If you have a Lowes nearby, they should have a 3 in 1 cube with a VFT in it. Where in NY? I'm originally from the Bronx, as well as Long Island, Plattsburgh, Albany, Buffalo, and now East Aurora.

Hi, Joe, and welcome.
smile.gif

I'm in Oswego NY. Welcome to the forums Joe. If you will send me your mailing address and have a little patience I will send you a couple VFT forms. Best to email it to me where I will be reminded....my memory isn't what it never was. But there is a catch....you gotta find 3 people to share them with to "pay" me back. If you're willing, my email is:

tamlindd@yahoo.com

Welcome Joe! I love VFT because of their many different forms and growth habits.

Hello again. I live in the tristate area where NY, NJ, and PA meet. I went to Lowes jimscott, but all the venus fly traps were dead. I finally got one today though and I tried feeding it a spider, but the trap wouldn't close. I think that trap is dying, but as I read it will fall off and grow a new one. When we got the VFT, I believe one trap was closed and evenutally other traps closed while I was away from it. I am so happy I finally got a VFT, I will keep you all updated on how it is doing.

Hi Joe

Welcome and congrats on the new flytrap. They get a little abused at Lowes so just give your plant time to settle in. Do some reading on the VFT Forum and your plant will start to grow and make new traps. Then you'll be in business.

Sorry to inform you but...you just got bit by a terrible bug...the CP addiction Bug.
biggrin.gif

I got my venus flytrap at Home Depot. It already has about 5 working traps and it is relatively healthy despite some nonworking traps. The plant is bright green with even some new leaves growing. We made a terrarium for it with a fishbowl and we even gave it some bugs. It is so cool to watch the trap close, and the spider it got was still moving in the closed trap even after about an hour! Thank you, PlantAKiss, and to all of you for your warm welcomes and help.

Welcome Joe. I am glad to hear that you have you VFT. I hope that you will soon have many more.

Back