Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, my name is Joe and I am from New York. I am new to the scene of carnivorous plants and lately I have done research on them, specifically the venus fly trap. I find them absolutely fascinating. I plan to get a venus fly trap very soon but they are hard to find in my area. I may just buy one off the internet, or does anyone know a good place where they got theirs? As far as my other interests go, I'm into oceanography and astronomy. Hope to see you all around the forum.

~Joe

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Joe an welcome to TerraForums! If you have a Lowes nearby, they should have a 3 in 1 cube with a VFT in it. Where in NY? I'm originally from the Bronx, as well as Long Island, Plattsburgh, Albany, Buffalo, and now East Aurora.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Joe, and welcome.
    Droserae will inherit the earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Oswego NY. Welcome to the forums Joe. If you will send me your mailing address and have a little patience I will send you a couple VFT forms. Best to email it to me where I will be reminded....my memory isn't what it never was. But there is a catch....you gotta find 3 people to share them with to "pay" me back. If you're willing, my email is:

tamlindd@yahoo.com
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Joe! I love VFT because of their many different forms and growth habits.
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again. I live in the tristate area where NY, NJ, and PA meet. I went to Lowes jimscott, but all the venus fly traps were dead. I finally got one today though and I tried feeding it a spider, but the trap wouldn't close. I think that trap is dying, but as I read it will fall off and grow a new one. When we got the VFT, I believe one trap was closed and evenutally other traps closed while I was away from it. I am so happy I finally got a VFT, I will keep you all updated on how it is doing.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Joe

Welcome and congrats on the new flytrap. They get a little abused at Lowes so just give your plant time to settle in. Do some reading on the VFT Forum and your plant will start to grow and make new traps. Then you'll be in business.

Sorry to inform you but...you just got bit by a terrible bug...the CP addiction Bug.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast