What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Everyone New to the forum

Hi, everyone my name is Gerry and I just joined TerraForums.  I am 22, my interest of cp started 2 year ago.  First cp I had was Venus flytrap. I got interested in sundew when one started growing from my VFT pot.  I had no idea what it was at first. Then it got bigger and then I know what it was.  After that, sundews have been my favorite of all the cp.  I have three Drosera Falconeri, and one Drosera kenneallyi now. So far, the forums and reading books have really helped me. Just wanted to say hi to everyone in TerraForums

Welcome to the forum !

Welcome to TerraForums! Only 2 years in the hobby and you have a couple of Petiolaris complex? "Who's your buddy?" But seriously, I'm in complete agreement about sundews. They're my favorite, too.

Here's a couple of mine:

Strausplants0201.jpg

That one is struggling, though.

But this one is my favorite:

AR000102.jpg

Hey want to show my D.Falconeri. how do I post an image?

photobucket.com. make an account load you images from files the copy the "" line and paste here! thats all.
Alex

PS. welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forums! Gee...from a little sundew in a pot to falconeri and kenneallyi lol Not bad!

Jump right in and have fun!
smile.gif

Gerry -
Hi and welcome.
smile.gif

Great start on a dew collection there!
Ron

That's one of my Drosera Falconeri, more pic's to come.
smile.gif

Thats nice! Wow and its huge too. Looks like it could color up with more sun!

Im impressed at how quickly your collection grew. I collect Lentibulariaceae (pings, utrics, genlisae) and african violets.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the forum. Yea It could use more sun but having it look green kind of makes it look like a Venus Flytrap. I'll call my D.Falconeri x look's like VFT, lol. But really when I get my new light's set up, I'll get my D.falconeri looking red.    
smile.gif

oh my goodness! Thats one of my favorite sundews in the world!
congrats on the suprise!

oh yes and this seems quite apropriate!
a122fbae.jpg

Nice falconeri! And you are lucky to have that. Highly sought-after plant.
smile.gif

Hope you dont mind Nep but I liked your welcome trap idea so I made you a couple of variations.. also Im at work and bored, feel free to use!

And welcome Red!

WelcomeTrapcopy.jpg

WelcomeTrap2copy.jpg

cp003.jpg

My cup trap

Back