User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Time to introduce myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realize I never posted here despite being a forum member for some time.
    I am a not quite yet 40 guy living in central NJ with my wife and two kids. I grew up not too far away in Philadelphia and Bucks County, Pa but work brought us to NJ. I have a small home in a nice, suburban area. I have always had a passion for biology and plants and have made that my hobby and career. I have always liked carnivorous plants, and Sarracenia have always been my favorite. I also have a few VFTs and sundews floating around among the Sarrs, and hopefully will have some germinating Cephalotus soon. I do not grow any Nepenthes or Heliamphora as I do not really have the right conditions for them. My family always comes first and gets most of my time and attention, but besides the cps I also enjoy other gardening (vegetables, perennials, natives, Arisaema, Hosta, etc.), some houseplants (esp. some Monsteras and philodendrons collected myself in South America), tropical fish, box turtles, traveling etc.. I have patience and enjoy propagating my own material, growing from seed, etc. Enjoy these forums and reading about everyone's plants and experience! I am mostly on the Sarracenia forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Woodnative - (nice name)
    Sounds like you've got an ideal situation. Congrats! And good luck with the Ceph seeds.
    Droserae will inherit the earth.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF! Until recently, we were living in nearby Berks County.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good greif they are coming out of the woodwork (pun for Jim) around here. Welcome !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've have seen you around for a while. Glad to have you here. You sounds just like the kinda person who fits right in with all the other CP and plant/nature loving folks here at TF.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome