Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, thanks for the drainage comment. It is something I am worried about for sure. Though, I have a friend who has lots of bogs in undrained beds and his are growing strong after years. Another thing I am wondering about... A/C drainage water... It is not distilled but is actually water from the atmosphere, think it can be used for CP's? It get's pricey and I have to walk a half mile (no problem really there) in the sun with four gallons of water every couple of days.
    If this is today, imagine tomorrow.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A/C is fine for use on CPs. Just be sure the coils and drip tray are clean otherwise you could introduce the molds and slimes that tend to grow there to your plants. While they probaly won't hurt your plants they do produce nutrients and are unsightly.

Four gallons of H20 @ 8.34 lbs/gal=33.36lbs. If your finger tips reach to your knees even when you stand up straight, you now know the reason
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCK beat me to it, but yeah AC water is ok. Water from a dehumidifier also works. THe reason I mentioned it is I lost my former collection which was in an undrained terrarium.....was good for over a decade then it went to hades in a matter of a week. Since then I have stuck to growing protocol where I can regularly flush out accumulated salts. I was religious in my use of distilled water too but after time things just seem to go bad no matter ho careful you are. Sarracenia seem a little more forgiving than Drosera.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my Sarracenia went from fantastic, to weird contorted shapes with no openings and burned tips. The drosera are fine. I am wondering if I sink a pipe down into the nether regions and periodically pumped out the water, if that would equate drainage.

I got these containers at IKEA for a song, spending 150.00 for all of them whereas normally that would be the price for one (or more). They are a lifetime investment and I would not jepordize them by trying to drill a hole in the bottom.
    If this is today, imagine tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12