What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Hi all,

I have been here awhile *since 02*.  I have lived in Michigan since 1989.  I was born in Sacramento, CA.  I have always enjoyed growing plants. When I lived in California I collected cactus. I believe I had about 50 or so.  They were very easy to take care of because all I had to do was water once a week.  I enjoyed skateboarding, biking, soccer, basketball, and fishing in California.  When I moved to Michigan all my cactus's died in about 2 months.  I kept watering once a week and soon they all rotted.  I was into CP's in California but my sister would always touch the vft's so I blamed her for killing them. Though now I know the tap water was the reason they died.

When I moved to Michigan my plant growing days died (as in growing plants in a pot). For about 10 years I never had more then 3 plants at once.  Those plants would consist of vfts.  During those 10 years I was in wrestling, basketball, video games, coins, gardening, and card collecting.  Remember playing 10 yard fight and Mike Tyson Punch Out. Currently my hobbies in Michigan are hunting, fishing, Karate, Grappling, chess, running, cps, stock market, and yard work.

I started to actually take good interest in cp's around end of 2001.  Around beginning of 2002 I did an Internet search for Venus fly traps.  I found Petflytrap.com and liked the easy purchase and shipping of plants. Others were to expensive or you had to send a check and fill out a form.  Pft also had a message board which helped me to get started with cps.  Well, I have never left and really do not for see me leaving in the near future.

Since I was created I have lived/visited in Saudi Arabia, Grease, France, Italy, Mexico, Canada, and Honduras. I learned how to play chess in Saudi Arabia.  I also took karate and my dad got his black belt in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.  One day I will go to Australia and do scuba diving.  That may be a couple years down the road. However I am going sky diving on my 30th birthday in Oregon. I will show some of the pictures when I come back.  
smilie4.gif

Hey Travis, how's Michigan? Where in Mich. do you live? I'm from the Detroit area but have been in San Diego since '84. I'm thinking about going back cause it's a real rat race here and getting really tired of it
mad.gif

How about those Tigers
smile_n_32.gif

Very hot and humid. I do not want to complain because during the winter it is always dark. Especially when set our clocks back an hour. I live in Newaygo about an hour North of Grand Rapids. It is in the country and the city has a population no bigger then 2500. I love it here.

Did I ever tell you I am a "BIG band wagon" jumper when Michigan teams do well? We will see, I do not watch baseball but they make it near the World Series I may take interest.

I am sure of one thing housing is dirt cheap compared to CA.

Glad to see you back Travis. I missed seeing you around.

If you ever make it to Australia, you better do more than scuba diving. There are CPs to be seen there!

Skydiving?
confused.gif
Well I'm sure you could get some fantastic photos. But you can just tell me about it. I'd rather live vicariously on that one than experience it for myself. lol

Thanks for the nice words.

Key word "ever".

Here is the link to were I will be  skydiving.

Hey Travis, I frequently head up to Torch Lake where my aunt and uncle own a lake-front cottage. I love it out there! Of course, I always go in the middle of the summer so I don't get to see the six months of dark.
smile.gif

A couple years ago we saw the northern lights from the lake!

Capslock

Torch lake is a great place (crystal clear water). I have heard it is good fishing but never fished it. I have been around that area hunting for ruffed grouse. Your aunt & uncle are very lucky to own lake front property there.

Yeah, actually, the property was bought by my granparents WAY back when. It's been in the family forever. My aunt and uncle live in Grand Rapids most of the time, and they're the last remaining Michiganders. It's become quite the exclusive destination recently, but their cabin is one of the old-school little things. I love it and will kill whoever lets it go. That blue water is incredible!

TorchLake.jpg

Capslock

I sent that skydiving link to a friend of mine...she wants to do that. She losing weight and hopes that when she reaches her goal weight, she can go skydiving. She wants me to go with her but...NO WAY! I was petrified on the vertical ladders when I went on the mine tour (pics are in a thread about that). I loved being in the mine but ascending and descending the ladders was a nitemare. So...no skydiving for me.
confused.gif

O'man! That is a great view. That water is amazing every time I see it. That would be the life to sit out there. I am in the process of selling and buying a new home...hmmm...I would probable be in debt to my house then. Guess that would not be a good idea.

I figure skydiving is different then being on a ladder. I do not like heights that are attached to the ground. The wobbling up on top of a ladder is not to much fun. Jumping out of a plane has be safer then being on a ladder. LOL! I have wanted to skydive for years - So I am all pumped up about it.

Can you take photos??

I have software on my computer I can take pictures off the video. Then will post the pictures here if that is the case.

ooooooooo...a video would be even better. Especially if it has sound...so we can hear you screaming.
smile_n_32.gif

lol

I don't need to scream...I will wear diapers. Problem solved!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As promised here are my pictures from my 30th birthday:

That first step was pretty steep...
491432-R1-19-6.jpg

This is up about 12,000 feet and free falling...
491432-R1-18-7.jpg

Still falling...
491432-R1-11-14.jpg

What I may look like at the age of 80.
491432-R1-08-17.jpg

By the way those are thumbs up.

If I had a choice I would do it again in a heartbeat. That was one of the biggest thrills I have ever experienced. Did the skydive in Eugene, Oregon.
smile.gif

HOLY COW Travis!  lolol  You DID it!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!  Those pics are GREAT!

Were you scared??  Could you breathe?  Would you do it alone??

Awsome!!

OH yeah...got so excited about your jump I forgot...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! When was it? How could I miss that one. I don't remember seeing it in the forum list....

Looks like you had a great birthday.
smile.gif

I was not scared at all. I was a tad bit nervous jumping out of the plane. You are suppose to relax and then get into position right away. He said if you see blue get into position. I saw blue then got into position (as you can see my legs are straight and arms stretched out).  The max speed is 120 mph and it was pretty easy breathing (unlike some people say on other websites). The training only lasted 5 to 10 minutes.

It was on September 1rst at around 3 pst time. Thank you for this birthday wish...I have been very busy and have been meaning to reply back.  It is hunting season in Michigan.
smile.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif

I plan on doing that when I graduate from Highschool!

smile_l_32.gif

ha! when i graduate Highschool i get to go to Australia!
Alex

Back