What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to this realm

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hello guys,

My name is varun. I am a 20 yr old third yr Biochem, Mol. Bio Spl. university student. I love animals and plants, but, kinda admire but hate insects ;).

I always like having exotic species (plants) in my home, but this wish never materialises as I DO NOT want to endanger the plant or risk it dying because of my lack of care.

I finally decided to start a small fishbowl terrarium with atleast 5 or so venus fly traps. Nothing fancy, just the common VFT species.

here is my start, the first VFT that I bought at the local sqare one walmart.

I just posted a few questions regarding this hobby. Please lend me a hand if u can
smile.gif

http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....t=25910

thanx,

varun

Welcome to the forums! i remember my first time with a VFT...and lucky you! you have the clone/cultivar called 'Dente'. you can see the "teeth" are not as long. ill look at your post and see what i, as also a newbie, can do.
Alex

PS welcome to the craze of carnivorous plants!
smile_n_32.gif

thank you.
smile.gif
I am seriously planning to buy a terrarium and plant this in.
biggrin.gif
Its gonna be real interesting to see how it turns out.

Welcome! Be warned that once you start growing carnivorous plants, it's no turning back. They'll be coming out of your ears in no time, TRUST me!

lol! I kinda already find myself in the middle of it. I already bought a new terrarium kit with 5 varities of VFT's in it from petflytrap.com. I already spent 50$ on it. I am now presently researching about getting some live moss, a few small ferns to grow in it as well.
smile.gif

Ah, very cool. You'll have to post pictures once you're finished building it. Good luck!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Aug. 15 2006,1:43)]Welcome! Be warned that once you start growing carnivorous plants, it's no turning back. They'll be coming out of your ears in no time, TRUST me!
AMEN to that!

Welcome to TerraForums!

Check out this link: OCPS

wow...I never knew there is something like that for ontario
smile.gif

I used to search online for "venus fly trap in canada"

never used to find much. ;)

And when I'm not on my pc I just Google 'Mabudon'. And then I get my link!

Welcome to TerraForums! You landed in the right place.
smile.gif

And yep....you're definitely hooked. lol Happens to best of us. First VFTs...then come the 'dews...the neps...the pings...the utrics...

Look up Carl (Mabudon on the forums). He's one of our Canadian members. He and some others are working hard to get CPs more available in Canada.

Stick around and join in the fun.
smile.gif

Weclome to the forum!

Jerry

Thanx guys. I met mabudon. Its nice to know such a friendly online community.:D

If you haven't already seen it, get Carl to show you his video...its hysterical.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 16 2006,5:36)]If you haven't already seen it, get Carl to show you his video...its hysterical.
smile.gif
haha

no...carl didn't show me any video
smile_n_32.gif

is there a link anywhere?
biggrin.gif

Yep OCPS is our local forum. Welcome to the forums great to have another canuck inflate our ranks. I'm in Mississauga a fair bit visiting family and such I'm about 45 minutes away in Guelph.

Zac

P.S. Carl's Video

LOL Zac and Suzanne,thanks for the props (and posting that link, SWEET)
It is always a happy time when another Canadian CP-er sprouts, especially an ambitious one like Verun here, I forsee some good things from this one
biggrin.gif

(and it took me so long to post cos I basically PMed Verun as soon as I saw the Canadian affiliation)

That was the first time I'd see the video. LOL! Is the Jedielf Angela?

You should hear Carl do an impression of Yoda!

a great one...that video is!
smile.gif

nice...the Cp's got a sneak peek in it.
smile.gif

Back