User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I'm Pressent and Accounted for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello fellow growers of plants that eat flesh. I am Doug of the land of Kentucky, USA. I've been growing CPs for around 5 years and have had my ups and downs. Mainly due to Kentucky's bipolar winters and seasons. Though trial and error I have learned more about growing these wonderful creations. I have around 20 plants I think most being outdoor plants. My favorite CP of them all is Darlingtonia. I sometimes consider myself and carnivorous plant evangelist as I tend to speak about CPs at any chance I get, and try to enlighten the people that I meet about the world of CPs.

In non-CP related information... I am a student at the University of Kentucky. I am majoring in biotechnology with aspirations of becoming a college proffessor and researcher. One of my favorite cartoon series is Futurama. Father Ted is another series that I am a fan of. And one other random factoid about me is.... I have an artifical lens in my right eye due to an acident with a pocket knife while trying to make a rain gauge out of a coke bottle when I was young.
    -Doug

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it&#33 but 'That's funny ...'
    -Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KENTUCKY! i live in louisville....but uh i think UL is gonna win today! heck we have to share info on how to grow CPs in our old Kentucky home! PM me if you have gone through a dormancy here with CPs outside.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TerraForums! I hear ya about being a CP evangelist. I gave away easy sundews to ~10 of my co-workers, when I was working for an laboratory.

And while Alex hails from the Louisville area, I spent a year in (Bloody) Breathitt County, Jackson area, ~90 miles ESE of Lexington. Ever hear of Oakdale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can't say that I have heard of Oakdale. I orignally hail from extreme western Kentucky where the Ohio and Mississippi meet. So my experience with Eastern Kentucky is limited.
    -Doug

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it&#33 but 'That's funny ...'
    -Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAntiLion @ Sep. 03 2006,11:20)]Sorry, I can't say that I have heard of Oakdale. I orignally hail from extreme western Kentucky where the Ohio and Mississippi meet. So my experience with Eastern Kentucky is limited.
    LOL! Oakdale is what was described as a 'community'. The county seat is in Jackson, which is also a small town. There really wasn't much around there, except for Kudzu. Lexington was the biggest city around. I also had an environmental job where I did a lot of travelling. Spent a lot of time in Campbellsville, KY. Ever hear of it?