What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from KS/MO!

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Greetings everyone! I wanted to introduce myself as a newcomer to this community.

I live in on the border Kansas/Missouri in Kansas City, MO. I am a college administrator that oversees residential operations. My wife and I just moved from Lawrence, KS (go Jayhawks!) and are settling in nice.

I have a small collection of CPs that I rescued from Lowes and a couple neps that I got. My wife is already getting a little annoyed at the amount of time I spend with them and caring for them! Unfortunately I do not have the ability to grow plants outside at this time so I will be keeping my fingers crossed all winter as I prepare the part of my collection for winter dormancy.

I look forward to interacting with everyone in this community. It certainly strikes me as a supportive and fun group that I am anxious to be integrated into.

Cheers!

xvart.

Last edited:
Welcome to the group ! You have started down a long slippery slope. (Pitcher pun intended !) I might suggest getting her some help now before she realizes what you've become, we all know there is no help for the CP addict. The only hope is to integrate the family into the culture.

You'r already integrated! Welcome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseraguy @ Oct. 06 2006,11:15)]Welcome to the group ! You have started down a long slippery slope. (Pitcher pun intended !) I might suggest getting her some help now before she realizes what you've become, we all know there is no help for the CP addict. The only hope is to integrate the family into the culture.
Yes indeed. At this point, most of my plants are rather young, so I keep showing her pictures of some of the beautiful pitcher plants when they get bigger and that calms her down for a little while.

Now I just need to get some cool avatar and a neat little sig.

xvart.

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the forums!

well if ya can then post pics of yuor new babies! this place is great! ive been hear for about a year(almost exactly!) and my collection has gotten much bigger!
Alex

PS. be on the look out for the members with a bad snse of humor
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 10 2006,9:31)]PS. be on the look out for the members with a bad snse of humor  
smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
Hmmmmm..... was that a veiled reference to me and BCK?
biggrin.gif

eh.... would you look at that!...my ...uh nepethes is flying! gotta go catch it!
Alex
PS. Welcome from Kentucky!

Now Jim, don't drag me into this! Besides I have a great sense of humor. I just can't find it in this mess I call home.

Glad to hear there is some bad humor floating around around here. I may fit in pretty snuggly afterall!

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xvart @ Oct. 06 2006,8:14)]My wife is already getting a little annoyed at the amount of time I spend with them and caring for them!
Think she's getting annoyed now, wait till you start growing flightless fruitflies to feed them. I told my wife they were for our daughters frogs
smile_n_32.gif

And wait 'till she says that you're spending too much time on the computer!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 11 2006,7:11)]And wait 'till she says that you're spending too much time on the computer!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this post as I am typing on the computer while she is watching TV!

xvart.

Back