What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As Requested

I just joined this group so I figured the best way to start was to introduce myself. My name is Kenneth and I live in Morristown, Indiana, USA.
I got interested in carnivorous plants about two years ago and got as far as starting some Pings in an aquarium that I made into a terrarium. They are still growing. I also am a current member of the ICPS (International Carnivorous Plant Society).
My interests also include beekeeping, gardening (flower, vegetable and landscaping), reading (mostly fantasy/science fiction but I will read anything that looks interesting (just do not ask me to define interesting since I have read something about a lot of different subjects, both fiction and non-fiction)), and cooking (I really enjoy Italian and Cajun/Creole, although I have been known for eating just about anything from about anywhere in the world (i.e.- Africa, Europe, Asia, the Americas, etc.)).
Other than that I am 45 years old, am married and have two kids. I currently work as an electronic technician for the US Postal Service and have served in the US Navy.
Enough?

Welcome! I am also an avid reader and love fantasy and science fiction. Who are your favorite authors? I am a huge George R. R. Martin and Robert Jordan fan. I used to read a lot of fantasy but have gotten back into science fiction more recently. I recently read Frederik Pohl's "Gateway" which I must say is now one of my favorite books. If you have not read it I would whole-heartedly reccommend it. It's a little slow and different at the beginning but builds to a climatic finish of psychology and science.

xvart.

Welcome to TF! And may the force be with you / live long and prosper!

Welcome to the forums. My wife works as a postal clerk here in Buenie! I also read a lot of SciFi/Fantasy, thought not as much as I did before I discovered the internet. Andre Norton, C. J. Cherryh, Isacc Asimov and Heinlein are some of my favorite authors.

Does the 1066 refer to the Battle of Hastings?

Hi Kenneth

Welcome aboard! I hope you stick around, learn some new things and have a lot of fun.
smile.gif

The photo in my avatar is fluorite from Ft. Wayne Indiana! Would love to get some more of that.

I don't read as much as I used to but I read a lot of Asimov when I was a kid.

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Hello, I am new here and want to introduce myself. My name is Siswanto. I live in Sidoarjo, East Java, Indonesia. You may know my city from the news: the city that is threatened by mud volcano! I am interested to cp. My collections are nepenthes, dionaea, dan drosera capensis.
I am a pharmacist and currently work at local pharmaceutical manufacturer.

Welcome to TF! I've been looking into Pharmacy Tech positions to supplement income.

Back