What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all!
I'm Ivo Pereira,21 years old, from Portugal.
I currently have 2 Dionaea muscipula, 1 Drosera capensis, 1 Drosera capensis alba, 1 Sarracenia flava, 1 Sarracenia purpurea, 1 Sarracenia hybrid (probably purpurea x flava) and some seedlings from Dionaea muscipula and Drosera capensis.
I restarted growing CPs in June after having noticed the mistakes I had done some years before the last time I had CPs (the usual noob errors).
Came to this forum because another CPs is never too much
smile_m_32.gif

To end, I'll just show the most recent pic of my CPs and some videos I made
smile_m_32.gif

carnivoras16qn5.jpg

carnivoras15pg7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at5016dOWFk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLjKmqcQi-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNZy8ijUtg

Enjoy
smile_m_32.gif

Wow. Those videos are quite an experience. I was afraid the worm was going to twist the trap around and rip it out. Nice videos. Did the VFT actually keep the grasshopper and digest some of it? That thing was huge. I'm surprised he didn't spring the trap on his own - his legs were all over that bottom trigger!

In your second picture the VFT look huge!

Anyways, welcome! I agree, never too many CPers around.

xvart.

edit: I am now watching youtube videos of bees falling into pitcher plants and venus fly traps eating all sorts of stuff...

It isn't that big, those are only lazy summer traps that didn't go up
laugh.gif

They're also typical vfts, the biggest trap is the one with the grasshoper (3cms) and there's another just a bit smaller.
For being a bit late in the season the trap hasn't been sucessfull on digesting, just didn't open. I don't think it was because the size of the grasshopper, same happened with flies perfectly fit in other traps
smile_m_32.gif

Wow...your plants are awsome! Great growing!

Portugal must have wonderful weather for CPs.
smile.gif
And I THINK you are our first Portugese member.

Welcome aboard! Join in and have some fun.
biggrin.gif

yea welcome! nice plants you got!
Alex

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the forum!Thank you for sharing the pictures of your plants,very nice!

Jerry

yes, your plants are very nice indeed!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 13 2006,5:22)]Wow...your plants are awsome!  Great growing!

Portugal must have wonderful weather for CPs.  
smile.gif
 And I THINK you are our first Portugese member.

Welcome aboard!  Join in and have some fun.  
biggrin.gif
Actually I'm not
smile_n_32.gif
cp_produtos is also portuguese. Maybe there are 1 or 2, but I didn't find the others nicknames I know.

cool85k5 I don't mind showing my pics, it's good for my Ego
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif
Talking about that, I have to update my pics, at least the flava, It has some taller pitchers. It almost doubled it size since I bought it in late June
cool.gif

Back