What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone =)

Hello everyone ,

My name is James and im new to the site , Andy sent me a link to this site thru one of our msn conversations (we play a online game AstroWars).

I have been looking thru the site now for about 2 hours and cant seem to get enough of all of this.......you have done a really good job with this site , its very interesting and im really enjoying it.

Some backround on me:

Im 27 and live in the Chicago area.

Im currently a part time student (working on my PHD in Abnormal Psycology)

I have a full time job as well , so you will see me mostly in O-Dark-Thirty.

I got into Plants when i was forced to take a Lab class in college.

So far im mostly into Aloe plants but i have been trying to broad my interests into other types as i type.

Also and please dont judge me b/c of this , i tend to name and talk to my plants.......so far they dont answer me
rock.gif
but i have seen that they do react to music....which still blows my mind

Heres a list of the plants i have so far:

ZAMIOCULCAS ZAMIFOLIA , i got 2 of these guys , they are indifferent to any music

EUCLINIA LONGIFLORA , i got 1 of him , seems to really like Pink Floyd......if i play Pink floyd the next day he leans over to where the speakers are.....when i play AC/DC he leans away from the speakers.....still blows my mind!!!!

ALOE VERA , was my first plant , got him at a garage sale from a nice older lady for $2....he was a nice small little guy , i have had him for about 3 years now and he was just replanted a year ago into a much larger pot , and has now blessed my home with babies....not sure if i should still call him fred at this point since he just had kids
slap.gif

I hope to gain alot of Information from you guys , and have a good time shareing what little information i have.

James

Welcome James!! I don't know you "too well" although this stuck out to me... You're working on your PHD in Abnormal Psycology, but you talk to and name your plants? I'm just wondering... is that "normal"??
jestera.gif

Welcome to the forum though... I'm sure you'll find lots and lotsa interesting stuff to read! (I'm still surprised I mentioned Carnivorous plants to you in our disscussion and you tossed out all those scientific names! The spelling was only off a little on a few
smile.gif
)
Andrew

yea its weird how plants react to music... i might try that with some drosera or nepenthes...

Welcome to the forums James.

<div>
(adnedarn @ Jan. 01 2007,8:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Welcome James!! I don't know you "too well" although this stuck out to me... You're working on your PHD in Abnormal Psycology, but you talk to and name your plants? I'm just wondering... is that "normal"??
jestera.gif
</div>
Andrew, he probably read a couple of ozzy's posts and decided that he had a good source of material for his discertation paper here.
nana.gif

hahaha- HIGHLY likely!

Back