Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very Newbie!

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal krochetnkat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Very Newbie!

My name is Katrina and I am a newbie both to this group and to CPs. I bought my first Dionaea 6 months ago and with a little prayer and a whole lot of Barry Rice's CP FAQs, my little one has survived my learning. Of course, I was one of the bad people who didn't do the research before they leapt into this challenge and boy when I got home and started reading about them I realized what I got myself into hahaha HOWEVER, this has been one of the most exciting things I have ever done (Sad isn't it) and I so look forward to this challenge that I added a new VFT to the family and have been looking into different CPs to bring into our home (However, this will take time. I don't wanna get in over my head and frankly, I dont think my husband finds them QUITE as wonderful as I DO HAHAHA).

Can't wait to meet and learn from you all.

Katrina from Virginia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, We all gotta start somewhere. And you started in the right place! TERRAFORUMS!!!!!! You don't always need money here, Katrina. Lotsa folks here who are happy to share plants, good times, bad times, and help in any way they can! WELCOME HOME, Katrina!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Barry Rice's page is a good place to start. Welcome to the forums!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome! and you havent even realized the full consequence to getting into CPs. next itll be bladderowrts or sundews. then to sarracenia...the list continues. its like a black hole and you get sucked into it. good luck with your little one!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal krochetnkat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank you all for the very wonderful and warm welcome. My friends have already told me that they can see this becoming an obscession and I truly hope it does. At least it is one that is worthy

Glider~ I can see how this could be a black hole. I know I was so happy when my first came out of dormancy that I was practically floating when I got the second. :P I was looking hard at some of the seeds online

Adnedarn~ YES! I have spent so much time reading his site that I actually emailed him and told him that the URL to his site should be printed on every VFT sold in the world (I got mine at Walmart and now I see why so many die... If people follow their instructions... *Sigh*) That site is probably the main reason mine survive hehehe

Bugweed~ That is wonderful and I hope that someday I can be a contributor of both seeds and knowledge to others

Thanks again all!
    The Yarn Nerd

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Katrina,

Invest in Barry's new book and "The Savage Garden" both are a must have ref...

Cheers'
    Av

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF and enjoy the hodgepodge of characters we represent!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast