What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from CP country!

Hi everybody. Just introducing myself. Like a lot of people I bought a couple of Venus Flytraps on a whim, watched them die on my windowsill, and decided I'd better do my homework if I'm going to keep them.

I live in Goose Creek, South Carolina (Berkeley County) so I should be in prime growing country here.

I'm new to all this, but I do lots and lots of reading on these things and I'm looking forward to sharing with everybody.

Welcome to terraforums. Your VFT may have just entered dormancy on the windowsill and may be just dormant.

Hi Dave.

I thought about that, but it's totally black and shriveled at this point. I actually still have it there. If you think it's worth trying to revive I'll give it a shot.

I wouldn't.

Welcome just the same.

Welcome to TF!

welcome dude!

Welcome! You'll have to go out and so some exploring to see if you can find some wild CPs to take pictures and post for us! Glad to have you here.

xvart.

My partner's mother is visiting from Pennsylvania this week, so we're going to visit a few state parks. Most of them around here are located at/near swamps and bogs. I'm sure if I ask some park officials they'll be able to tell me where they're located. I'll be sure to take some pictures!

Welcome to Terraforums.

It's good to see a new cp'er close to home. I live in NC close to the SC line. Maybe we should plan a cp trip sometime.

I wish I had gained interest in CPs earlier. I'm moving to Hawaii in a couple months. Hopefully the environment is as desirable there as here. We have similar weather.

I'd like getting together with some folks to go see some CPs in the wild.

Well before you move we'll have to get together for a cp trip. There are a lot of cp's around where you're living and there are plenty around here too. Send me a pm and we can plan the trip.

Are you questioning if you can grow CP's in Hawaii? SMACK! You're going to nepenthes heaven! It's almost as good as the Motherland!

Are you questioning if you can grow CP's in Hawaii? SMACK! You're going to nepenthes heaven! It's almost as good as the Motherland!

Yes, I am. :-( I haven't dug that far yet.

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Welcome to TF! Definitely take Ozzy up on the CP tour before you go. Worth the time and effort by FAR!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone, and I'll be sure to hit up Ozzy when the time is right.

Back