What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Washington DC

Hi,
I am David Silverman. I am a new comer to the Terra Forum. I am actually a newcomer to growing CP's as well. I just established a Terrarium in my home from a fish tank that is 4' long, 2' high and 18" deep. I had a lot of help picking out the correct plants for this highland terrarium. I have been collecting rain water to keep them happy and so far it is looking very nice. I am really interested in other people who are growing their CP's in Terrariums because I do not have a lot of experience with amount of lighting etc. I am using a 4 bank florescent fixture with 4 bulbs as 14 hour a day being on. Does that sound correct? I am also interested in people growing Cephalotus. I love these guys and I don't want to kill them so I would be great full for any tips and help with them. Well that's enough of my intro. Heloo to all. David

Welcome to TerraForums!!!! You will find all types of experts in the type of plants and growing you need to know about. Lots to learn, and much here to enjoy. Stick around, and GROW!!!!!

Welcome David. Do you know Sarah Silverman?

Welcome to TF!

hey david, you found a great place here. I'm fairly new too but also just outside dc, if you need anything just let me know.

Welcome to TF! There are tons of people who grow plants in terrariums around here. I myself do not. I have a nice ghetto grow area above my closet that I use that sounds similar to your setup, minus the glass walls! I just got my first ceph recently, and am pleased with how it is doing so far (it is so tiny!). If you haven't already then you should search the terrarium forums and you will find some great terrarium pictures and tips for successful growing.

xvart.

Hi David, welcome to Terraforums!!! So you grow Neps? ;) :welcome:

Welcome aboard David....

Back