Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from Louisiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lisa! Welcome to the group! I grew up in Shreveport. I grew lowland Neps, a few species of Drosera, and several Sarracenia species and hybrids there. The Neps and most of the Drosera were inside, and the Sarrs were outside on the back porch.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMorbus View Post
    Thank you!!

I have been to both. Monroe is only about 100 miles from me, but New Orleans is 5 hours away.
    The reason why I asked is because when I was working for an environmental company, years ago, I did a lot of travelling. On one field sampling expidition we were staying at a Holodome in Monroe. This was the first time I had ever had gumbo, etouffe, and a bucket of crawdads. On another we stayed at a hotel that had the name Ponchertrain in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wmgorum View Post
    Hi Lisa! Welcome to the group! I grew up in Shreveport. I grew lowland Neps, a few species of Drosera, and several Sarracenia species and hybrids there. The Neps and most of the Drosera were inside, and the Sarrs were outside on the back porch.
    I like it in Shreveport. I lived in Dallas, TX for a few years, but decided to come home so I could have a nice little house with a decent sized yard.....and no traffic. I am currently growing a few intermediate Neps and a few Drosera. I have one Sarr outside, and am planning to get a few more since the weather is nice. I also had one little dormant flytrap, but something yanked it right out of it's pot a few weeks after I got it. I was mad that day.
    I am planning to get some lowland Neps. Did you grow yours in a terrarium, or were you able to grow them in the house without one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've grown my lowlanders outside, but I kept a N. bicalcarata in a terrarium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a BIG Cajun welome yank!

Good to see anothre tenacious Loisianian here. This is a great place to learn and share. I am glad you found us!

Steve
    All proofs inevitably lead to propositions that have no proof. All things are known because we want to believe in them.

My Growlist updated with available trades and pictures - PM if interested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12