What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Louisiana

Hi everyone! My name is Lisa, and I'm new here. Actually, I'm new to CPs also. I'm located in Shreveport, Louisiana.

I have already read The Savage Garden and Barry Rice's book, and purchased more than a few Nepenthes and Drosera.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone around here, and learning a lot.

:welcome:!!!

Welcome to TF! We have a few from Louisiana, here. Ever been to Monroe or New Orleans?

Thank you!!

I have been to both. Monroe is only about 100 miles from me, but New Orleans is 5 hours away.

Welcome!

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Welcome!

xvart.

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the group! I grew up in Shreveport. I grew lowland Neps, a few species of Drosera, and several Sarracenia species and hybrids there. The Neps and most of the Drosera were inside, and the Sarrs were outside on the back porch.

Thank you!!

I have been to both. Monroe is only about 100 miles from me, but New Orleans is 5 hours away.

The reason why I asked is because when I was working for an environmental company, years ago, I did a lot of travelling. On one field sampling expidition we were staying at a Holodome in Monroe. This was the first time I had ever had gumbo, etouffe, and a bucket of crawdads. On another we stayed at a hotel that had the name Ponchertrain in it.

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the group! I grew up in Shreveport. I grew lowland Neps, a few species of Drosera, and several Sarracenia species and hybrids there. The Neps and most of the Drosera were inside, and the Sarrs were outside on the back porch.

I like it in Shreveport. I lived in Dallas, TX for a few years, but decided to come home so I could have a nice little house with a decent sized yard.....and no traffic. I am currently growing a few intermediate Neps and a few Drosera. I have one Sarr outside, and am planning to get a few more since the weather is nice. I also had one little dormant flytrap, but something yanked it right out of it's pot a few weeks after I got it. I was mad that day.
I am planning to get some lowland Neps. Did you grow yours in a terrarium, or were you able to grow them in the house without one?

I've grown my lowlanders outside, but I kept a N. bicalcarata in a terrarium.

a BIG Cajun welome yank!

Good to see anothre tenacious Loisianian here. This is a great place to learn and share. I am glad you found us!

Steve

Back