What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from South Carolina

Hello everyone... Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I've been growing CP's for about a week now and have so much to learn, but from looking around this site I think that can be done. Below is a few pictures of what I have, it's not much but for some reason I think my collection will start growing soon.

Chris

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0514.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

Sarraceniapurpurea.jpg

Welcome to TF!

Hi, welcome! What part of SC? I live outside Charleston.

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Welcome to TF.

That first VFT is a healthy looking plant. You might consider a clay pot for the Darlingtonia though, maybe one size up from what you have it in now. It would probably help to keep the roots cooler especially in the hot SC sun.

Glad to have you on TF! I hope you enjoy yourself.

Welcome aboard! Lucky you to live in such an area that you can practically grow outside all year round! I certainly am jealous. That is a very nice looking venus fly trap in the first picture. I see that one of your purp sarrs came from Lowe's. I just drilled holes into the bottom of that cube and used that as a pot for quite some time! I actually worked pretty well until after the dormant season when I repotted it.

Glad to have you here! You came to the right place.

xvart.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Hi Chris,

You're not that far from me. I'm in Holden Beach NC.

Let me know if you want to explore some local cp sites.

Hello Everyone,

New member here in Greenville, SC. Been growing for a month (lowes test dummies, lol) and have an order of 9 plants due on monday :banana2:
.. 5 sarracenia, 3 vft and a pygmy scorpiodes

pygmy is going inside and the rest is going in my bog (3' x 5' x 20") that is filling with water as I type, lol .. perfect timing for a big storm

i hear there's a local bog in my county with a particular sarr growing on a cliff by a waterfall .. would love to go visit that one :grin:

Nice plants Chris! I'd take Ozzy up on that offer. You will be amazed. :)

CPsinSC...you might want to start a topic for yourself so everybody can meet you all proper like.

Welcome and enjoy the boards.

Back