What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Seattle

Hello my name is Darren I've just started to get into CP's for the last few years .This is the first year I've planned out a actual bog garden outdoors . Previously I just kept various Nepenthes in vivaria with poison dart frogs .
I good friend of mine lives on a private lake on has a type of small sundews that he gave me this year ... just need a ID if anyone could help of the experts can help .
Larger more mature .
100_3445.jpg

Lil one
100_3441.jpg

Thanks Darren

Hello and welcome to the forum.. I'm not good enough with CP's yet to ID but someone will be along shortly that can

D. rotundifolia. hardy plant and one of the most common CP. welcome to the forums!
Alex

Welcome! I love Seattle. It's one of my favorite cities. That restaurant on the side of the fish market has the most amazing seafood bisque... EVER. Maybe some day we can trade some CPs for soup!

What sort of Nepenthes did you grow with your dart frogs?

xvart.

Yep. Sure is a Rotie. Welcome to Terraforums!!! Got any pics of ur nepenthes?

Hi Darren! That is definitely rotundifolia. We don't have anything else here in Washington, except the occasional Anglica, but I have never found any. I think there may be one place that has them, but it is a limited number of plants. Welcome to the forums! And we have a great climate to grow almost all CP's outside in the summer, btw.

Welcome to TF! Rotundifolia was my first thought, too.

Thanks for the Id everyone . I'll try to find the Nepenthes name tags that I've got. All of them I have come from shows (reptile amphib) I vend and he attends . I sell frogs there . The bad thing is by the time I have a chance after the show to get a choice plant most of thew stock is well picked through . But now that I've got the CP bug .... it'll be my first stop before the show opens .
Darren

Last edited by a moderator:
Back