What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from another beginner!

Hey everyone! I was referred here by a couple of guys from another forum who were familiar with growing CPs. I just read The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato and I think I am ready to try and grow some CPs. Because I was so anxious after reading The Savage Garden, I went out yesterday and got some not-so-healthy-looking CPs from Lowe's and Home Depot (because they're the only places I know of that sale them locally) and they are currently sitting on a stand in my backyard where they will receive full sunlight. (Hopefully I'll be able to get a few great looking CPs from the store on here or from some fellow members!) I got a venus flytrap, a pitcher plant (sarracenia purpurea), and some kind of sundew. They are all planted in 1/2 peat and 1/2 sand in plastic pots ranging from 4 - 6 inches. The sarracenia and the sundew are sitting in a water tray with water about 1 inch up and damp soil and the venus flytrap is sitting in its own water tray with damp soil and water about 1/2 - 3/4 inches up. I live in Tennessee, so hopefully this humid and hot weather will be perfect for them. Does it sound like I'm doing everything right? Glad to have found this place and I'll see you all around!

A great place to buy CP's is www.Flytrapshop.com the owner of the store runs this forum! Yes, give the CPs you got good water and good light and they'll certainly recover quickly :).

Good, I'm glad to hear that they'll probably recover!

Welcome to Terra Forums.

Yay! Welcome to Terraforums!

Welcome to TF!

Hey Trek, welcome! There have been some good opportunities to score some nice beginner plants in the trading forum the last week or so. Keep your eyes peeled in the future as there are bound to be more.

xvart.

Welcome to the forum !

Hello and welcome to the forums. Your plants will probably recover with good care. But be prepared...you can't have just one...or two...or three... Its an addiction. At one time or another all of us have snagged a VFT or a 'dew from the local home improvement stores but eventually you will find you want a better variety and healthier plants. I just recently got some VFTs from The Flytrap Shop and they were beautiful! The typicals had dark red interiors.

Stick around and read some posts, ask questions and you'll find you will learn how to care for CPs in no time. :)

Back