What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, this is my first time here, but I have been CPing and reading about CPs for more than a year now.

My setup is pretty simple. I have a 20 gallon with a glass top and one corner of the glass is cut out for ventillation. The humidity is usually over 90% and temperature is usually around 77-80*.

As for lighting, I have one 50/50 2x24watts of T5HO ontop of the glasstop (Each bulb has it's own reflector), and a 5 gallon AGA next to my 20 gallon using only stray flood light from my 20. I don't use Mylar or any reflective materials on my terrarium.

As for my Cp list, there isn't much.
20G AGA
------------
12" Nepenthes Bicalcarata
4" unknown Nepenthes
3" Droseria Capensis
3" Drosera Spatulata
2" Esserina Pinquicula
4" VFT large pink mouths
3" VFT small w/ red mouths
Some other tropical plants

Just ordered
---------------
Heliamphora Minor "Hairy"(Chimanta)
Drosera Sessilifolia "red"
Aldrovanda red Australian Kimberly
Utriculaira Lavida

5G AGA
---------
4" Nepenthes Ampularia
Pics coming soon, but please don't expect much.
I guess that conclude my collection

Nice to meet you all here.

Welcome to TF! The VFT's will need all the direct sunlight you can get, as well as a dormancy period.

I have the VFT for a year now, and they are doing very well.

THe light was too strong for the Nepenthes Bical., that it burned all the pictchers and leaves. Now that plant is 12". Probably not very impressive growth rate, but now it can withstand very bright light. 4000 lumen seems to be enough.

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a great start on your addictio...I mean, hobby. :)

Thanks for all the warm welcome!

Welcome!

you have an awsome start...

consider growing your VFTs outside!

Welcome! I'll echo what everyone has said: looks like you are off to a good start.

xvart.

Nice things I want to get yet may kill them,
welcome aboard :D

Back