What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

I'm Mike, a college student in Southern California.

I'm in the process of taking a Botany course, and I love it. It's great in every aspect. I recently took up growing some (non CP) plants and they're all doing well. Mainly herbs and a few perrenials, but then I stumbled upon this site and lo and behold, exactly what I was looking for! I had a few store-bought Pitcher plants a few years ago - don't ask me what kind, I couldn't tell ya - and they ended up hibernating and not coming back. >.>;

So I'm here to learn more about Carnivorous Plants and to, hopefully, grow a few of my own!

Thanks for having me. :D

Welcome to TerraForums Gar!

Welcome!!:welcome:

Hey Mike, welcome! What are you studying at school? You'll have more CP's than you'll know what to do with shortly!

xvart.

Welcome to TF!

CPer!

Hey Mike,
I started my Carnivorous Collection a few years ago when I bought some pitcher plants at the Huntington Garden's Annual Plant sale. My Mom thought they were kind of a joke and wouldn't live or have enough bugs to eat ... but they didn't just survive, they thrived! ... which was amazing because I have a reputaion for killing off plants with love.
Somehow, I've found my type of plant. I can grow anything carnivorous. Ask me to grow a tomato and you might as well asked me to plant it on the moon, cause it's GONNA DIE.
Speaking of which, my boss just gave me a bonsai, and I know NOTHING about it. I'm trying not to kill it.

If anyone out there knows Bonsai, please send me advice on Junipers!

Anyway, ask me anything about CP's cause it's what I'm good at.

Yo Mike! I just joined recently too, and I live in San Diego. You said you stumbled onto this site and it was what you were looking for. What type of CP's interest you? If you've been reading up on how to take care of some, you should go ahead and get a couple. Let us know how your collection/addiction goes. There really is a plethora of amazing plants out there. Good Luck, and happy growing.

-Daniel

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Back