Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: San Diego Nep Newb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya CNCReefer. I have seen a couple of your posts before and noticed you were in San Diego as well. I did not pick up that Nepenthes at Walter Anderson, but at Armstrong Nursery off of the 5 freeway near Sea World. I did buy one at the Poway Walter Anderson, but it did not have any pitchers on it. It is currently on my SE windowsill (I am currently trying to root some cuttings of it in one of the humidity domes). The Nepenthes pictured came with all the pitchers on it, and I had to order it from their distributor. Walter Anderson wanted 40 for a pitcherless Nep but this one as you can tell has some decent growth and was only 15. Anywho, thanks for the feedback. I would be interested in seeing your setup/growlist if at all possible. Also I would like to know the general area where you live so I can gauge my growing possibilities. Thanks again.

-Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live south of the 8 and about 4 blocks west of the 805. Most of my neps grow outside and they love it. I only have a few that grow inside. All my other cp's grow outside as well.
    MY growlist
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96283
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya Ron. I was just checkin' out your growlist, and I noticed you have some nice Nep hybrids. Do you grow those outside? Which are the few that you grow inside? I live on Mira Mesa Blvd., just off of the 15. My average humidity for the last week has been around 40% during the day and around 50% at night. Have you had much success with your bicalc. in your conditions?

- Daniel

Oh ya, is there any other nurseries/stores you recommend for some CP's in the area? I noticed Walter Anderson had some Sarracenias the other day. I was considering giving one a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the hybrids grow outside. Only the bical and the maxima "barone lowland" grow inside. I have them in one of those grow rack/greenhouse thingys.
    There are a couple other nep hybrids that grow in the greenhouse thingy that would probably grow better outside, but my nep growing area is too small. The bical doesn't look too good right now, maybe I shouldn't have had it by the air conditioner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya Ron, I was wondering how your Gubler neps are doing? I picked one of those up at Walter's in hopes of getting it to grow. I gotta be honest though, it looks horrible, like fresh out of TC or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first Gubler nep started out really small. Actually I almost killed it. The crappy soil it was in was causing root rot. I repotted it in LFS/pearlite mix and put it in a bigger pot, now it's waaay bigger and needs a bigger pot soon. You really ought to come by and see my setup (soon though, cause I'm moving soon and gotta tear it down).
    The Gubler nep you just got, get it out of that crap they got it growing in and put it in some good stuff soon. I'll bet that's why it looks so bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across this thread by accident and thought I'd add that I'm a new San Diego grower and am growing all my Neps outside. They seem to be loving it so far, except for a few that went into shock upon arrival from a certain nursery.

How are everyone's plants doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, looks like you are off to a great start, and have quite a bit of knowledge. Welcome!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123