0 Thread(s)
    Anna =) What kind of Neps do you have?
    - Daniel

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Anna! Glad you decided to come join us.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

carnivorus plant collector
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    Anna =) What kind of Neps do you have?
    Hi:

Right now I have a huge unknown nepenthes that I bought at the local nursery. The pitchers on it were at least 6". It grew very well for me, however I only got one pitcher on it this summer. I dont think it was humid enough for it here. I also have nepenthes tentatculata. It is very small but its growing. I also have a wooly sundew, spoonleaf sundew and one I believe is called Marsden dragon. It was a freebee so Im not sure that is its name. I have them all under grow lights right now, they seem to be doing OK. I took all my sarracenia & flytraps in for the winter. Last spring, I rescued a cobra plant from a "big box" store, and I couldnt believe how good it did here. I thought for sure it wouldnt live since its a fussy plant. It will be interesting to see if it will make it through the winter.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you keeping the cobra lil? Which wooly sundew do you have? The spoonleaf sundew is also called D. spatulata. Marston Dragon is a D. binata type. local nurseries are likely to have N. ventrata, but that doesn't guarantee it. Can you post pictures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool Anna. I have been wanting a Cobra Lily for quite some time now. I really want a tentaculata as well . As to the uknown nep, as jimscott said, if you post some pics we can help you ID it.
    - Daniel

carnivorus plant collector
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All:

I will try and post my photo's. RIght now the cobra is in a semi heated garage with the rest of my sarracenia's. I grew it in a clay orchid pot since they like their roots cool. I put it in my pond where the water fall was and on the days with 90 degrees I put ice cubes in the water. I hope it makes it through the winter.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both cobra lily and Sarracenias are temperate plants and go through a winter dormancy. Last year I had my plants in the attic for the winter, right at a window sill. The only heat the attic has is what it draws from the apartment. It gets pretty cold up there, probably close to freezing. My point is that they need to be in that 30-40 degree range for the winter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12