What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well to introduce myself, i am Kristoffer, Kris, or Kristoff, whichever you please.
i am 16, but love growing my CPs, they have given me a great hobby.
i am into music and art. I draw, play guitar, keyboard, and drums
I do play Video Games on my spare time when im not busy with school or my plants
and i live in Washington State. Not much else to really say i guess. not that wouldnt get into serious personal life stuff. but onto something else eh?

ive had venus flytraps while i was younger, all died rather quickly as im sure most VFTs did with any kid at that age
Now im growing VFTs and Pitcher Plants
only for a couple of months but nothing has died yet! hahahah
I have a typical VFT which is ready for division in spring, probably into about 4 plants
i have 2 Akai Ryu VFTs which i purchased from Hirts Gardens(never buy from them, they arrived nearly dead but i seem to have pulled them back)
and i have an incredibly healthy Dentate VFT, i am very proud of this one
my Pitcher Plant, which is also ready for division, is what i believe to be an S. Judith Hindle
I have my Typical VFT and my Akai Ryus in a relatively small 2 1/2 gallon aquarium, filled half way with Shagnum Peat moss and Perlite, with a 2:1 ratio.
and my Dentate and Pitcher plant are my newest additions
both sitting in a tray infront of the aquarium.
Being that it gets incredibly cold here in WA i figured it best to grow them all indoors until spring.
i am using a Reptile UVB which seems to be doing the job rather well
it is a full spectrum light
not quite sure of its lumuns or w.e
but i also have them near a window.i generally feed them spiders that i find but i have purchased phoenix worms recently. i have only fed one phoenix worm to each plant to see how it would react
what are everyones views on those?

Welcome to TF! Isn't Homer League from Puyallup, WA?

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

I just did a quick search and there's a forum member named Homer (League) who hails from the same town as you. He's quite an experienced grower, so ya may wannna consider hooking up with him.

Hey Kris! Welcome aboard. Is that you in your avatar picture? I know I'm pretty late on the welcomes, but welcome anyway!

xvart.

Back