What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi From Michigan

Hi everyone,

I just joined today and want to say hello. I live in Northern Michigan, specifically Cadillac.
Anyway I have a venus flytrap, a couple of nepenthes, some venus flytrap seeds and purple pitcher plant seeds I am trying to start, along with a wife, 3 sons, two dogs, two spiders, and a couple of fish. I recently moved up here and if anyone knows of any interesting plant dealers in the area I would appreciate hearing about them.

I have a question while I'm here and I'll post it elsewhere as well. I was looking out the window at the snow and my gears got to turning. If rainwater is good, why not snow? I could get a couple buckets of it and bring it in to thaw and plant water. What do you think. Don't worry I'll avoid the yellow stuff :)

Cory

Welcome to TF!

Snow may work...i wouldn't try it personally...

Welcome to TF Cory, I used to milt snow by boiling it then put it into empty milk jugs. Takes some time but saves you money.

I've done it... shoveled snow into plastic buckets.

welcome to TF, im pretty new to CPs as well ;) though i have more VFTs than anything....
well maybe VFTs and Capensis rofl...damn seedlings -_______-
but anyways, welcome.

Ahhhh...

A fellow Michiganian CP grower! WELCOME!!!

I've never tried using melted snow, but it's a good and simple idea.:bigthumpup:

Howdy! Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Snow is just frozen rain so grab that snow! It's free water just sitting there waiting. :)

Make a snowperson in a big bucket and as he melts, you'll have water. hehe

Welcome!

I just joined today and want to say hello.

Most people join and lurk for months or years before posting. Way to take some initiative!

Don't worry I'll avoid the yellow stuff :)

That was going to be my advice! lol. Might as well make some snow cones while you're at it!

xvart.

You can grow P. vulgaris and D. linearis, plants that are practically impossible for growers anywhere else in the USA! They are native in Northern Michigan

Welcome to TF Cory! Glad you joined us, we love new members.

Welcome to TF!!

I bet you could even leave out a big container (or lots of little ones) and have them fill themselves. ;) I like the lazy person's way of doing things. :sleep:

Back